• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Forces: Direct Action

Pieman

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
I am happy to announce the release of Canadian Forces: Direct Action.  A FREE training tool for Military, Police and security organizations which has been developed by the Canadian Military, and has been currently been in use by the Canadian Forces as an urban Operations training tool. 

The mod contains several levels recreating Canadian urban operation training centers to highly accurate detail. Candian Forces weapons, and uniforms are also available.

CF:DA Download can be found here: www.armyelearning.ca/cfda

In order to use CF:DA you must first obtain a copy of SWAT 4 gold, as CF:DA is a heavy Swat 4 modification. Details on how to purchase are available on the website. (The Swat 4 Gold is a product of a company called Vivendi (Sierra), and is not associated with CF:DA)

Before people run out and do so, can you add the minimum system requirements they need to run the game, especially if any special video cards or other hardware is needed?

SWAT 4 Game Information
Connectivity: Online
Offline Modes: Cooperative, Team Oriented
Online Modes: Competitive, Cooperative, Team Oriented
Number of Players: 1-16
Number of Online Players: 16 Online
DirectX Version: v9.0
Operating System: Windows 98/2000/ME/XP

Minimum System Requirements
System: Pentium III 1.0GHz / Celeron 1.2Ghz / Athlon 1.2 GHz or equivalent
RAM: 256 MB
Video Memory: 32 MB
Hard Drive Space: 2000 MB

Recommended System Requirements
System: 2.4 GHz Pentium 4 / Athlon XP 2500+ or equivalent
Video Memory: 128 MB

I will download this and try it out, I do like the looks of MOUT it looks very good, The same MOUT was used in AA and from the screenshots i cannot notice any differences

The MOUT is the same level as in AA.

The Urban ops levels created to realistic detail after real Canadian Forces Urban ops areas are:

Austere Village (Gagetown)
Sea Can Level (Wainwright)
University (Royal Military College)
Petawawa Urban Ops area.

I will post some movies of the game soon.

I've always been a big fan of SWAT 4.  In fact it still resides on my HD with a few Mods and added missions.  Been looking forward to playing this mod for awhile, can’t wait to get home and download it.

Thanks for the post!

I note with dismay that the RMC level is only an RMC level because one of the buildings says so. Ah well, Austere Village is very well put together.

Pieman said:
The MOUT is the same level as in AA.

The Urban ops levels created to realistic detail after real Canadian Forces Urban ops areas are:

Austere Village (Gagetown)
Sea Can Level (Wainwright)
University (Royal Military College)
Petawawa Urban Ops area.

I will post some movies of the game soon.

I look forward to seeing them! 

Anyone know if you can upgrade from SWAT 4 to SWAT 4 Gold rather than paying more to by the complete SWAT 4 Gold complete?

Google 'SWAT 4: The Stetchkov Syndicate' and you will find a variety of outlets where you can purchase the expansion pack to SWAT 4 online.

Here is a short clip showing a breach in Pet.  The breach is not done correctly, just trying to give a feel for the game. Just one player in the video, however it is a multilayer game and you can go online with your whole Platoon if you wanted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNBbBdZmkC4

Other videos will be available soon.

The graphics are terrible I think I'll stick with COD4.

The graphics are terrible I think I'll stick with COD4.
Yes, Swat 4 is a fairly old game engine and COD4 has some pretty fantastic graphics. The cost of using an up to date game engine is extremely high so it is not realistic to expect the CF to have a Xbox 360 quality game.  But who knows what the future will bring...

Keep in mind CF:DA is not geared for entertainment, rather for training. (Urban Ops)

I had to remove the video off U-Tube, as the videos are going to be hosted off the CF:DA sight from now on.

It should be online again for viewing at the CF:DA sight soon. (along with some other videos)

I'm glad it's finally done. I'd like to say "Great work" to the team who made it.

Cheers.

Abs

Does anyone know how you access the other singleplayer missions? I completed Austerre village, but it will only let me go back to that first mission from the Instant Action menu.

Do you have to have the expansion for swat 4 or can i use just the original game?

I believe you need the expansion. Sorry mate.  :(

Abs

ok, Does anyone know if they will ever come out with a retail version like americans army or do they not have enough funding. and if they did they would need their own engine to run the game on because they are currently using the swat4 engine and they couldn't market a game using the swat 4 engine.

ok, Does anyone know if they will ever come out with a retail version like americans army or do they not have enough funding. and if they did they would need their own engine to run the game on because they are currently using the swat4 engine and they couldn't market a game using the swat 4 engine.

There is talk of purchasing the source code to SWAT 4 off Vevendi and then development would expand beyond a modification. It is a complicated process as more than one company was involved in the development of SWAT 4. Not to mention the cost is very high, but should be within reach. Should that happen, then having a version of CF:DA in stores could happen. I however expect it will remain free to the public.

Beyond that, people are looking at other game engines for the next version of CF:DA (couple of years down the road). Problem is with new game engines is they are again very expensive. That means CF:DA would be another mod. The hope is to obtain a new game engine with the source code. This would untie the hands of development.

This is ok for guys to play at home...However.
As a training tool,has anyone used such training aids?I have.And from private to Snr NCO to officer we ALL turned this "training" into a farce.

WHO SHOT ME AGAIN!!

Kids will be kids,never mind the rank. ;)

Good job on the training areas however.

Back