• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Forces Combat Fitness Program

Even for those who don't think much of CrossFit, this is an excellent resource.

Garett said:
Here is the link to the Cross Fit based CF Cbt Fitness Program.  Its all good, except anything to do with a 25mm ammo can filled with dirt.

This is the second time that I have heard of someone having issues with using ammo cans (full of sand) for PT purposes. I'm not sure what the issue is, but it eludes me. I'm not sure if some people think that you are going to carry around nickle plated dumb-bells in the field, but I doubt that is going to happen. I remember reading a story about a young Arnold Schwarzennegger as a tanker in the Austrian army, and awakening an hour before reveille, and using the tank tools (and yes, likely some weights that he brought along) to work out on.

I suspect some people are uncomfortable with the fact that, with programs like CrossFit, PT can be done anywhere (on exercise, on deployment), not just in an air-conditioned gym, full of super-expensive equipment.

Maybe I'm missing something, Garett, in your comment, but I don't get "it" [your comment]. I suppose I have a bit of a bias about this, as I was annoyed that people chose to mock me, rather than join in with me, when I used a 20 litre water can to do some CrossFit exercises when I was DS on a 25mm gun camp. Easier to stand there, smokin' and jokin', than to use the available equipment to do some Austere locale exercises.

AL

This may be a bit of a hijack, but being an 'infrequent/ deliquent' poster here, is there a dedicated thread to Crossfit, and people's opinions? If not what are people's thought on this program...25mm Ammo Cans aside?  ;)

If you searched you would know...

Allan Luomala said:
as I was annoyed that people chose to mock me, rather than join in with me, when I used a 20 litre water can to do some CrossFit exercises when I was DS on a 25mm gun camp. Easier to stand there, smokin' and jokin', than to use the available equipment to do some Austere locale exercises.

FYI--the water can is supposed to be carried, not put down the front of your pants.  Perhaps this will clear up your issues in a group setting. 
Cheers. 

Your mind is all that is stopping you when it comes to what can and can't be done.  The info and programs provided on the link look pretty impressive and know how much work my fellow footsoldiers have put into it, it is much appreciated.  As to Austere, I was on Roto 2 TF 3-06 and we made many a gym out of 25mm cans, sandbags, 6 and three foot pickets.

Cheers boys

My beef about the 25mm Ammo Can as a workout tool is just a personal preference.  I keep bouncing it off my head and the little narrow metal handles are hard on my hands.  I like using the sandbag better.

It's working for me, make sure you have an up-to-date flash player for your browser. (it's a flash app thingy)

Back