• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Forces Aptitude Test (CFAT) [MERGED]

So quick question...after I completed my CFAT I was handed a sheet of paper saying something to the extent of "you have successfully completed your CFAT test"

It didn't mention anything about passing for the trades I selected or anything like that. Just that they would review my results with other applicants and if they were competitive id be contacted for further processing. Pass or are they still determining that?

Drew Grey said:
after I completed my CFAT I was handed a sheet of paper saying something to the extent of "you have successfully completed your CFAT test"

For reference, perhaps CFAT passed? will be merged with Canadian Forces Aptitude Test (CFAT) FAQ.
http://army.ca/forums/threads/23193.0
34 pages.

See also,

CFAT
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Aarmy.ca+cfat&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=V9dmV9C8DIGN8QegsIHwBQ&gws_rd=ssl

Somewhere in the preceding thirty-four pages, Drew Grey, likely lies the answer to your question.

Hi everyone!

-- I'm pretty sure you got lots of questions about the CFAT but it's my first time on this website so I thank you right now if you answer me about it.--

Sadly, I've failed my CFAT last April. Next week I can ask for doing it again because I've been waiting for almost three months. Even if I did the test once, I am still scared and stressed about another failure, obviously, because being in the big family of the Canadian Forces is something I want since I'm born(want to be in the Artillery).

I study, a lot, from the day I knew I failed until the day I will be infront that computer doing it again but I would like to know some of you are/have been in the same situation as me? How it was when you did the test another time? etc...

Thank you again,
Emilie

--Sorry if sometimes my English is wrong, I am a French Canadian.--

Welcome to Army.ca, emilien

Firstly, my condolences. I hope that you do better next time.

As you've now seen, courtesy of mariomike's generosity, there is a ton of information on this Site already, and threads for many subjects. Please avoid starting new threads when one already exists. Take some time to explore, and try the Search Function for specific things. If you cannot find an answer to something after an honest effort, feel free to ask and help will be gladly given - but we expect you to do your homework first. You'll learn more that way, as well.

Also, please do not post the same thing more than once.

A question I have is it possible to rewrite the CFAT in the event you didn't fail but want to do it again and gain a better score?

Drew Grey said:
Obviously nobody knows their score but supposing you didn't feel good about yours?

No, you're wasting the CFRC's time. If you qualified for the trades you picked, thats the score you get.

There's a whole thirty-five-page thread about CFAT, into which I've just merged yours. Please read it, and look for other threads to read before posting questions that have been asked and answered before.

If it's too long for you, that's because many others have also posted questions that have been asked and answered before.

Drew Grey said:
A question I have is it possible to rewrite the CFAT in the event you didn't fail but want to do it again and gain a better score?

Yes, you can ask to rewrite the CFAT a 2nd time with the hope of improving your previous score but be forewarned.......the score that will be used, is the score obtained from your most recent test session, whether it's better or worse.

If you have not yet been selected for countinued processing (ie; Medical and Interview) and have been waiting for more than a year after originally writing the CFAT, you may want to discuss this possibility with your local Recruiting Detachment.

Hello,

I am looking for inputs on a particular situation I have found myself in regarding the CFAT. I've searched the forums but haven't found anyone in this particular situation.

I have chosen the Supply Tech trade (Reg Force) and I've passed the CFAT from the skin of my teeth. I've completed my medical and interview today and was told that some of my work background and the fact that I was previously in the reserves may help my case BUT the fact that my CFAT score is poor makes my file not competitive and it will put me at the bottom of the list. I've also been told that it is possible that I will never get picked up for this reason.

My question; is my CFAT score THAT much more important than my previous work experience AND the fact that I used to be a reservist? Do I still have a chance to get in the forces without redoing my CFAT?

If you wish to re-write your CFAT in hopes of improving your score, you may find Reply #856 of interest.

mariomike said:
If you wish to re-write your CFAT in hopes of improving your score, you may find Reply #856 of interest.

My objective is to avoid rewriting the CFAT if at all possible. I am wondering if I still have a chance of getting an offer even though my score was not competitive.

EmilieCS said:
My objective is to avoid rewriting the CFAT if at all possible. I am wondering if I still have a chance of getting an offer even though my score was not competitive.

DAA would be a reliable source of information.
http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/members/7446

EmilieCS said:
Hello,

I am looking for inputs on a particular situation I have found myself in regarding the CFAT. I've searched the forums but haven't found anyone in this particular situation.

I have chosen the Supply Tech trade (Reg Force) and I've passed the CFAT from the skin of my teeth. I've completed my medical and interview today and was told that some of my work background and the fact that I was previously in the reserves may help my case BUT the fact that my CFAT score is poor makes my file not competitive and it will put me at the bottom of the list. I've also been told that it is possible that I will never get picked up for this reason.

My question; is my CFAT score THAT much more important than my previous work experience AND the fact that I used to be a reservist? Do I still have a chance to get in the forces without redoing my CFAT?

I AM NOT A RECRUITER NOR DO I HAVE EVER WORKED IN THE RECRUITING PROCESSS

Now that this is mention and I cleared it out.  If they told you that your file is not competitive enough for a trade , remember that a LOT of people will apply for the same trade as you , and while previous military stuff is looked at , the MAIN thing is the CFAT.  Usually your CFAT score will be 60% of the entire score for the process , interview / medical and all the other things will make up the rest of the 100%.

Knowing that , redoing the CFAT might be a REALLY smart choice , just because that way you will open a LOT of doors in the future. 

Like I said I am not in the recruiting process , I simply did 2 years in the reserve , released and reapply , and I asked them back when I reapplied if my previous military experience was going to help me out.  The answer was "in some way it can help you get in faster since you won't have to go to st-jean, but the trade selection will MOSTLY ( not entirely ) be decided by the CFAT and the interview"

DAA will be able to help you out a lot , but I honestly would look at redoing the CFAT and make sure that you become competitive for the trades you are looking at

krimynal said:

Now that this is mention and I cleared it out.  If they told you that your file is not competitive enough for a trade , remember that a LOT of people will apply for the same trade as you , and while previous military stuff is looked at , the MAIN thing is the CFAT.  Usually your CFAT score will be 60% of the entire score for the process , interview / medical and all the other things will make up the rest of the 100%.

Knowing that , redoing the CFAT might be a REALLY smart choice , just because that way you will open a LOT of doors in the future. 

Like I said I am not in the recruiting process , I simply did 2 years in the reserve , released and reapply , and I asked them back when I reapplied if my previous military experience was going to help me out.  The answer was "in some way it can help you get in faster since you won't have to go to st-jean, but the trade selection will MOSTLY ( not entirely ) be decided by the CFAT and the interview"

DAA will be able to help you out a lot , but I honestly would look at redoing the CFAT and make sure that you become competitive for the trades you are looking at

Thanks for your helpful reply. I was hoping to avoid rewriting the CFAT by fear of having an even poorer score but I guess I will have to consider redoing it.

krimynal said:

But, didn't you once play one on TV?  :)

Back