• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Federal Election 44 - Sep 2021

The latest from Nanos....

Assuming current scenario holds, 'we're looking at a Liberal win,' Nanos says​

The Liberals are in winning territory with votes coming from mail-in ballots heavily in their favour, according to projections from Nanos Research.

With only one weekend left before Canadians head to the polls, Nik Nanos, the founder and chief data scientist at Nanos Research, said they have been crunching the numbers in their seat projection and modelling data over the last few days.

“Right now, assuming that this current scenario upholds for the next two days, and there’s no significant movement, we’re looking at a Liberal win. Period. Full stop,” Nanos said on Friday’s edition of CTV’s Trend Line podcast.

“Then the question is: ‘How big a win will it be?’"

Nanos said the most likely outcome is that the Liberals will form a minority government; however, a Liberal majority is “not out of the realm of possibility” either.

Another election wrinkle with a twist . . .

Toronto Liberal candidate is asked to 'pause' campaign after report of dropped sexual assault charge​

Kevin Vuong says allegations are 'false' and he is 'deeply' troubled they've resurfaced just before election
CBC News · Posted: Sep 17, 2021 1:28 PM ET | Last Updated: 5 hours ago

In a statement issued to CBC News through his campaign manager, Vuong said he wanted to 'unequivocally state' that allegations of sexual assault 'are false.'

Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau said Friday his party has asked Toronto candidate Kevin Vuong to "pause his campaign" after the Toronto Star reported he had been charged previously with sexual assault — a charge that was later dropped.

Speaking to reporters, Trudeau said his party only learned of the allegations Thursday from the Star's report — allegations he called "serious."

Trudeau was asked if Vuong would be allowed to sit as an MP if he wins his riding of Spadina-Fort York.

"We are looking into it very carefully and we have asked the candidate to pause his campaign," Trudeau replied.

In a statement issued to CBC News through his campaign manager, Vuong said he wanted to "unequivocally state that these allegations are false" and that he "vigorously fought" them when they were first brought forward.

"Had they not been withdrawn, I would have continued to defend myself against these false allegations," Vuong said said.

"This re-surfacing three days before the election is deeply troubling to me and my family."

The twist . . . While not mentioned in this article, on the TV news, Mr. Voung is identified as being a Reservist. On his campaign webpage he does refer to being a "military officer". Though the allegations had no military nexus, they report that the CAF's response to a request for comment included that they were unaware of the dropped charges as he had not informed the military, "as he was required to do", that he had been charged. Whether it is a military spokesperson or news organization misunderstanding about that requirement to so report, what
QR&O 19.56 - Report of Arrest By Civil Authority says is . . . "member has been arrested by a civil authority, the member shall cause the arrest to be reported to the member's commanding officer". Operative word is "arrested" not "charged".

The twist . . . While not mentioned in this article, on the TV news, Mr. Voung is identified as being a Reservist. On his campaign webpage he does refer to being a "military officer". Though the allegations had no military nexus, they report that the CAF's response to a request for comment included that they were unaware of the dropped charges as he had not informed the military, "as he was required to do", that he had been charged. Whether it is a military spokesperson or news organization misunderstanding about that requirement to so report, what
QR&O 19.56 - Report of Arrest By Civil Authority says is . . . "member has been arrested by a civil authority, the member shall cause the arrest to be reported to the member's commanding officer". Operative word is "arrested" not "charged".
Likely but not definite that he was arrested if charged for sexual assault. Usually an accused will be arrested so as to allow release on no contact with the victim conditions.

So now the fun question: will he stay on the ballot? Can he even be removed at this point? Will we see a fast by election on this one?

Depending on how the likely minority government is configured, every seat could matter.

He can still be elected and if he's elected he's elected, right? I'm curious how many candidates in these situations there are going to be this election and compared to others. It sure seems like a there's been a few this time around

The Liberals are in winning territory with votes coming from mail-in ballots heavily in their favour, according to projections from Nanos Research.
Well, if the US elections were anything to go by, folks who voted by mail were by and large folks who would vote left anyway, so LPC/NDP/Green. This shouldn't be a surprise.

"Pause his campaign" = Keep him away from uncomfortable questions.

He's still a candidate on the ballot and will no doubt take his oath and seat if he wins. I suspect it will be up in the nosebleed section, but a blue seat nonetheless.

The twist . . . While not mentioned in this article, on the TV news, Mr. Voung is identified as being a NAVAL Reservist.

There, FTFY :)

Toronto Liberal candidate who paused campaign under review by military over dropped sexual assault charge​

Toronto Liberal candidate Kevin Vuong, who is on pause from campaigning in the federal election over a past sexual assault charge that was dropped, is also now under review by the Canadian Armed Forces.

Defence Department spokesperson Daniel Le Bouthillier confirmed that, based on available information at this time, Vuong, who is also a naval reservist, failed to notify the military in 2019 about the arrest.

Military members are required to share criminal charges with their chain of command. The military is deliberating what steps to take next, and they could be administrative in nature, said Le Bouthillier.

His name is still on the ballot meaning he could win his seat. He hasn't been convicted of anything and may be subject to administrative action by the CAF. Or may not, if Trudeau's record of intervening in the legal affairs of his departments holds out.

I think we just found our new Liberal MND.

His name is still on the ballot meaning he could win his seat. He hasn't been convicted of anything and may be subject to administrative action by the CAF. Or may not, if Trudeau's record of intervening in the legal affairs of his departments holds out.

I think we just found our new Liberal MND.
Don't know whether to :LOL: or :cry: ...

There, FTFY :)

Toronto Liberal candidate who paused campaign under review by military over dropped sexual assault charge​

Toronto Liberal candidate Kevin Vuong, who is on pause from campaigning in the federal election over a past sexual assault charge that was dropped, is also now under review by the Canadian Armed Forces.

Defence Department spokesperson Daniel Le Bouthillier confirmed that, based on available information at this time, Vuong, who is also a naval reservist, failed to notify the military in 2019 about the arrest.

Military members are required to share criminal charges with their chain of command. The military is deliberating what steps to take next, and they could be administrative in nature, said Le Bouthillier.

Oh F&ck me this gets better and better. When will this effing nonsense end?

Go figure; Max is Trudeau’s star candidate, and he won’t even need to give him a seat in caucus.
I'm LOL because it's sad and but true.

If Max can deny the Conservatives a win, he will deem the campaign a success.

I'm LOL because it's sad and but true.

If Max can deny the Conservatives a win, he will deem the campaign a success.
Can you imagine being so narcissistic that you damn a whole country because you're a petulant child ?

Last edited:
Can you imagine being so narcissistic that you damn a whole country because your a petulant child ?

Max doesn't control the 35-60% of voters who typically vote LPC or NDP.

I see a few PPC signs around. People who have voted CPC for several elections are not "narcissistic" if the CPC rewards their loyalty by promising to do things for people who have not voted CPC for several elections. It may be the fate of the left and right "bases" to always turn up at the ball and never be asked to dance, but they are not "narcissistic" for following someone else around the room after being spurned.

Back