• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Federal Election 44 - Sep 2021

It may depend on how much the media latches onto the juicy bits, and how long it stays in the news cycle. These revelations may not influence the die hards, but less enamoured Liberals may be convinced to vote elsewhere, or not at all. Both good outcomes for the Conservatives.

I watched Thomas Mulcair comment on the campaign so far on CTV today. He did a great job.

He commented on the book as well. It could be a 'coffin nail' if used in the right way.

Last edited:
Nanos numbers this morning. Grenier’s aggregate won’t be out until later.

not sure what to make of this. Debate? Protests? Voters making up their mind and going with the devil they know?
How do these polls actually work? Are people voting online or is Nanos et el calling people every 6 hours and asking them how they're voting?

How do these polls actually work? Are people voting online or is Nanos et el calling people every 6 hours and asking them how they're voting?
There is a small print where they explain their methodology. It’s a sampling poll. No one calls in. Specifics are in there description. The aggregate poll is likely more accurate but still…

the last jump the LPC stabilized the next day so it may be a blip.

... In our system, it's not for the leader of a party to manage it's caucus, it's for the elected MP of the caucus to manage their leader (and remove if warranted).
To be fair to the incumbent, he's not the first (or last) party leader/PM to exert some high-ish level of central control over caucus - including reining in the furthest-outlying outliers in some cases.
It may depend on how much the media latches onto the juicy bits, and how long it stays in the news cycle ...
... and I suspect there'll be no shortage of juicy bits to be latched onto, especially given the timing of the release of the book.

What did she tweet? I don't see it on the article
Muslims go home if you don’t like it here, bring back the Lord’s Prayer in school and call it Christmas. Back in 2018. She claims it wasn’t her.

Not sure if she had a chance in that riding or not but that tweet is pretty damning. Good on the CPC for dropping her.

She was running a distant third behind the NDP in a very safe Liberal riding. If anything, this let's O'Toole show himself to be acting swiftly to dump candidates when views like that emerge. Still a bit of egg-on-face in terms of candidate vetting, but it'll be reassuring to moderates to see swift action taken.

What a loser. You would think the party would be alerted to that and deal with it sooner.

The cynic in me wonders if they kept a no hope candidate for just this sort of public "oh, we're not like that at all" image buffing, mid campaign.

The cynic in me wonders if they kept a no hope candidate for just this sort of public "oh, we're not like that at all" image buffing, mid campaign.
Why risk the bad press. It was an easy drop though.

More on why the PPC canned the riding ass'n president after the throwing-gravel-at-Trudeau incident - highlights mine ...
London, Ont. police have charged a man after gravel was thrown at Liberal Leader Justin Trudeau earlier this week.

The incident happened during a campaign stop in London on Monday.

Trudeau was getting back onto his bus when the stones were thrown, hitting him, party staffers and some journalists.

On Saturday, police announced Shane Marshall, 25, of St. Thomas, has been charged with one count of assault with a weapon.

Marshall was arrested and appeared in court Saturday. His next appearance will be Oct. 6.

Trudeau's campaign stop was met by dozens of supporters of the People's Party of Canada (PPC).

Marshall was the PPC's Elgin-Middlesex-London Riding Association president but was removed from his position by the party two days after the Labour Day incident ...

Back