• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canadian Artillery-5 Years[and counting] of Artillery Thoughts

As an exRCEME Herbie helper I have a couple questions ,as I retired Oct. 83 my unit 1 RCHA was tooling
up and getting very excited about the arrival of GAKS  MILIPAK and there was also a lot of talk
about liquid propellent for the M109s. How did eqpt. work out and was any further work done on
liquid propellents.
                          Regards

I worked with GACS and MILIPAC. To the best of my knowledge, they have both come and gone. Not sure about liquid propellent. I'm sure a current Gunner will be along shortly  ;)

I don't think anyone has solved the liquid propellant or caseless shot problems to a point that they can be considered deployable technologies yet.  If anyone has better info on current projects in these areas I'd like see the updates.

How did eqpt. work out and was any further work done on
liquid propellents.

I have a link for Combustible Ordinance but as far as liquid propellant, it's quiet out there. This ordinance is for Tank ammo, the best option for artillery now is the MAC charge. If there are any companies still developing I have not heard of them.

http://www.army-technology.com/contractors/ammunition/armtec/

Back