• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canada's First CC177 gets painted

CDN Aviator said:
Just an aircraft number....identifies each individual airframe

Much obliged. I've seen info on when the first 2 are delivered, how about the last 2? Any ideas as to when the fleet/Sqn is fully kitted out and deployable? Or is that OPSEC territory?

These babies sure do look purdy!

Hey GS,

They need to paint the names of the pilots flying that baby home to YTR under the windows..."Hedgehog" and "ojohny" would certainly add some style. ;D

Well since we already have a trained flight crew, I suspect they can start loading her up an hour after the acceptance ceremony, unless there is some legal/bureaucratic hoop jumping required. It would be nice to have the ceremony in Trenton and then have them announce that she has arrived in kandahar 2 days later to delivering the first Leo 2’s.  ;D    (Don't worry I am not expecting an answer to this, just wishing)

Colin P said:
Well since we already have a trained flight crew, I suspect they can start loading her up an hour after the acceptance ceremony, unless there is some legal/bureaucratic hoop jumping required. It would be nice to have the ceremony in Trenton and then have them announce that she has arrived in kandahar 2 days later to delivering the first Leo 2’s.   ;D     (Don't worry I am not expecting an answer to this, just wishing)
Actually, I'd rather hope that the Leo 2's arrive in KAF much earlier than 11 August (given the ceremony on 9 August).  ;D

cheeky_monkey said:
Much obliged. I've seen info on when the first 2 are delivered, how about the last 2? Any ideas as to when the fleet/Sqn is fully kitted out and deployable? Or is that OPSEC territory?

These babies sure do look purdy!

#3 and #4 will be delivered Mar and Apr of '08.

More detailed info and discussion on kit etc ... located here .......
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/54089.0.html

Yup, they sure do look purdy!! ;D
Cheers

Green On! said:
Hey GS,

They need to paint the names of the pilots flying that baby home to YTR under the windows..."Hedgehog" and "ojohny" would certainly add some style. ;D

LMAO!!!  ;D
You "know" too much about me Green On!! Too funny ..... (damn that Ryan guy ....)  ;)

Colin P said:
Well since we already have a trained flight crew, I suspect they can start loading her up an hour after the acceptance ceremony, unless there is some legal/bureaucratic hoop jumping required. It would be nice to have the ceremony in Trenton and then have them announce that she has arrived in kandahar 2 days later to delivering the first Leo 2’s.   ;D     (Don't worry I am not expecting an answer to this, just wishing)

Still some legal and bureaucratic hoop jumping to be done and also a little bit of testing that can only be done at home in Canada.

This first mission will happen very quickly .... there is a lot of pressure to get it done.
You'll all know when it actually happens since I'm sure there'll be plenty of media coverage at the time or as soon as it occurs.

It'll be nice to use it to deliver brand new tanks ... and to also roll a brand new Chinook out the back too.
That's about the only way G2G will get a flight in this thing ... as the crew for the Chinook that we deliver in theatre!!!  ;D  ;)

PMSH has an Arctic Defense oriented tour planned this summer sometime.  Would be ++ nice to have a C177 be part of the trip . . maybe do an airdrop over Frobisher bay :)

I am just happy to see the plane,(thanks for the photo). It's good to know that our air lift problem is being dealt with and were the planes are first used doesn't matter to myself as long as they operate as predicted. Good luck to the first air crew, and I know you will have fun. In the end that's what it is all about. ;)

Hi Globe...Question regarding training.

is the training going to continue at Atus AFB or is the new Sqn going to pick up the training responsibility.

701 is looking great!  Can't wait to see it in Cdn Airspace

GS - above I asked when the first flight would be.  I did not mean to ask when the first mission is but rather when is the first time that this aircraft will "slip the surly bonds of earth?"

LLLLLoooovvveeelllyyyy! Is it just me or does the word Canada and the flag look great on the side of that grey painted fuselage :)

Our first jet came out of the paint barn today ....

It's done.

It'll now start the long process of the "Acceptance Test Flight" protocols ........

resizedone4.jpg

resizedone3.jpg

resizedone2.jpg

resizedone1.jpg

INCH:

Once again I stand corrected.  :p
The tail numbers will be 6 digits after all.
Sorry about that ......
As we can see, the first one is 177701
Then we'll see:

First it was 6, then back to 5 now back to 6.  ::)

WOW.

WOW.

That is one sleek, sexy plane. And I never thought I would say that about any jet, let alone a strategic airlifter. I guess the Mapleleaf makes all the difference.  :cdn:

Globesmasher said:
INCH:

Once again I stand corrected.  :p
The tail numbers will be 6 digits after all.
Sorry about that ......
As we can see, the first one is 177701
Then we'll see:

First it was 6, then back to 5 now back to 6.  ::)

Nice, 6 seems to be the standard, but AFIK, Cyclone 01 will be 14801. Until they're painted though, who knows. At least you're getting your new ride soon, ours is still a few years off.  :'(

Back