• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canada's First CC177 gets painted

Globesmasher

Inactive
Reaction score
Folks:

Here are a couple of shots of our first tail (P-177) hitting the paint shop.  It is still scheduled for the acceptance test flights in the July timeframe and delivery in Aug 07.

The second tail, P-180, should be somewhere on the first half of the assembly line right now and is still scheduled for delivery Oct 07.

A good news story all around.

For us non air force types, what's this plane replacing or used for? Just curious thanks

Gee, that color scheme looks so nice, we should buy a whole wack more so we can say we have a flock!!!

Got it, I know we were supposed to get some sort of transport planes but i didn't know the name, now i do :)

Infantry_ said:
For us non air force types, what's this plane replacing or used for? Just curious thanks

Check out this lengthy and somewhat heated thread ..... for more info:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/54089.0.html

Imbeault said:
What colour did they come in standard?

Here is a photoshop artist's cut and paste impression of what the finished CF product should look like:

Ref P-177 getting painted.  It has "Canada" on the side before it gets painted?

BEEEAAAUUUUTEEEEFULLLLL!  I cannot wait to see pictures of canadian paratroopers jumping out of these :cdnsalute:

Or for that matter LAV's and the new Leopard 2's rolling off it's ramp at KAF...

Infantry_ said:
Got it, I know we were supposed to get some sort of transport planes but i didn't know the name, now i do :)

Wow the Mods are being gentle today. they usually jump all over you for asking questions about topics that have been talked about here for months.....they would suggest that you use the search feature rather than asking to repeat stuff that's been covered...don't shoot me that 's the policy....cheers :cheers:

IN HOC SIGNO said:
Wow the Mods are being gentle today.

Not gentle, it's just that by the time we got here Globesmasher already had him sorted out and provided with a much-needed link!!  ;)

The Librarian said:
Not gentle, it's just that by the time we got here Globesmasher already had him sorted out and provided with a much-needed link!!  ;)

Ha ha...sorry to ruin the image....the Mods are not gentle!.....there we are...all fixed ;D

I still have to pinch myself to ensure that I am not dreaming.....never thought I would see the day.  :)

Back