• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canada want a bargain ship? US army ships "on Sale"

It was only built in 2006? she's brand new by our standards, it would add capabilities and skill sets we for sure do not have, that said if we had it I do not know if our doctrine would utilize it correctly.

LSV-7 is for sale if your country wants to get into contingency operations.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/28933/you-can-buy-one-of-the-armys-most-capable-ships-as-the-service-guts-its-naval-fleets

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com%2Fthe-drive-cms-content-staging%2Fmessage-editor%252F1562865325180-engine-1.jpg

tomahawk6 said:
Or Army Logistics Support Ship

That's the small one.  The big one (USNS whatever) isn't for sale. 

Dimsum said:
That's the small one.  The big one (USNS whatever) isn't for sale.

The smaller vessel is a landing craft see lower photo.

I know ZERO about ships, etc.......but I do know this might stop all the political turmoil among "who gets what" to build.

Id but it just to tinker with the CAT 3516! :nod:

Maybe the Libs can make nice with Davie, who can buy it and turn it into an Interim AOR/AOPS plush cruise ship, with a non-binding agreement for a second one. Base it in Newfoundland, complete with a unionized civilian dockyard. That way, FFS can declare itself a two ocean navy that would be too politically risky for the federal government to rid itself of it. Bonus points for the Libs acquiring another ship that the RCN doesn’t need, while buying votes everywhere they didn’t really need them.

Good2Golf said:
Id but it just to tinker with the CAT 3516! :nod:
Not

Be prepared to suffer through the worst maintenance manuals ever written.

Karel Doorman said:
no pictures? :rofl:

There's pictures... possibly of every engine cat makes... but none of the engine you have or any of the auxilliaries fitted to it

Not a Sig Op said:
Not

Be prepared to suffer through the worst maintenance manuals ever written.

I did chat with a fellow who did an in-frame rebuild on a 3408, and he did mention that the manuals weren’t the friendliest.  But when they’re running/purring, it’s music.

Back