• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canada is ordering 6,500 Monocular Night Vision Goggles

jdmarshall

Inactive
Reaction score
According to the MERXs Canada is ordering 6,500 Monocular Night Vision Goggles (MNVGs) complete with ancillary and support equipment, spare parts.
1200 MNVGs is urgently required in order to meet the requirements of a Canadian Forces operation.
The first 600 must be delivered within 8 weeks after contract award and the second 600 must be delivered within 16 weeks after contract award. Note MNVGs will probably be the PVS-14 with flip up helmet mount, x 3 magnifier. Each MNVGs will also have a Laser Aiming Device (LAD) AKA the PAQ-4C and a Commanders LAD (CLAD) AKA the PEQ-2A

We really need new new night vision. The ones we use are garbage, and thats the one in four that actually work properly.
It would be nice too if we could attach them to our helmets like the yankees

All the PVS-504s are being upgraded with Gen 3 tubes. Canada has about 2,000 flip up helmet mount right now and will be purchasing another 2,000 for the rest of the fleet. This will make them more or less the same as the US Army’s PVS-7 B/D.

The new MNVGs are being issued with a flip up helmet mount.

For more info on Canadian night vision equipment see my website

http://nightoperations.com

Great sight man, very informitive!

Helmet mounts would be great. I‘ve used the kite sight before (just like the one in my profile pic) their amazing. The stuff we currently use right now is one step above trying to see in the dark with your bare eyes. I hope the new stuff is atleast as good as the kite site.

Interested in doing some illegal poaching?
Mayhaps looking through peoples windows?

You can get Night vision scopes and goggles at outdoor camping/hiking/hunting stores. Let me try and same you some cash here. I bought a night vision scope when i first joined the army. I thought it would be cool. I thought about how fun it would be and how much i could use it when i was at work. I was an idiot. It‘s a waste of time. It sits in my closet and collests dust. I‘ve brought it camping once or twice and people said wow and after about 4 or 5 uses it completly loses it‘s novelty.

Usually when a big order is made for equipment, its either for replacement/upgrade or its for a definite purpose. Given possible surveillence (sp) activities in Afganistan, Iraq, who knows, maybe in Israel/Palestinian lands, whats the government thinking about? Make you go "Hhhmmm...".

Back