• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Canada has to have the worst sports media in the world!

Humphrey Bogart

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Reaction score
So this morning I wake up and go on facebook and find out that the Canadian Women's Rugby team beat England yesterday to win the Nations Cup which is a major women's international rugby tournament.  This is the second time in over a week Canada has beaten the England team (They had not beaten them for 20 years prior to this) and it is the first time they have won the Nations Cup.  Also, the women's team just finished 2nd overall at the Rugby World Cup of Sevens losing to New Zealand in the final.  Sevens is going to be an Olympic sport in 2016 in Rio and is a sport we have a good chance of winning a medal in yet the media pays little attention to this. 

I went to the CBC webpage and all I saw was an article about how the Blackhawks are bringing the Stanley Cup to Canada for a tour.  Who gives a rats ass its summer and hockey season isn't even going on right now.  This victory is like Belarus beating Canada in international hockey, it isn't supposed to happen.  This was front page news on a bunch of European media outlets yet it received little attention here.  Shame on the CBC and CTV!  I am sick of the media in this country not giving other sports in Canada which we are moderately successful at their just due!

You mean kinda like the army?  If it ain't hockey, it ain't a sport.

Weird, isn't CBC usually all about fair and unbiased coverage??

I can tell you've never watched an American hockey broadcast.

Back