• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Can you identify this for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and sometimes, we just plain go sightseeing. Maybe one of the crew owned property in the area and at the end of a training flight, just flew over to show the rest of the crew.  Could be just that simple.

I've done that once or twice... ;D

Always stayong above the legal limit of course.  ;)

Strike said:
I've done that once or twice... ;D

Always stayong above the legal limit of course.   ;)

It's all good training. I remember when I was in Pet they used to buzz over Muskrat Lake to check out the cottages in the Kiowas....contour flying.

I still remember standing on my balcony in Yellowknife at mid-day watching a CF-18 take off from the airport (back about '88) and loving the show.  He tucked the gear up and made a tight port bank over the Range Lake South neighbourhood.  Absolutely wonderful!

A day or so later I was talking w/ the Public Affairs Offr at NorReg, and mentioned to him how much I appreciated the CF-18.  His reply astounded me. He said "well, you're one of the few.  Most of the people that phoned in wanted him hung, drawn, and quartered!"

Just goes to show; people don't appreciate a great moment when they see it. Of course, I'm the guy who--as a kid staying with friends in France--stayed up long after bedtime just watching the Canadian Starfighters take off for their patrols. Sigh.

I hear ya, In Germany, living in the base PMQ's, we got so used to the fighters taking off in Baden, that when days when there was no flights, which wasn't very often, we all said it was to damn quiet, we can't sleep at night without the engine noise, please fly so we can a good nights sleep. ;D We always enjoyed it when a plane came out from repair and we got our very own air show, watching the test pilot put the plane through it's paces. I never got tired of watching that, utterly amazing each and every time, what that pilot did with that fighter! Those were the days and I surely miss them.... :'(

I trimmed off the Kiowa stuff into it's own thread, if I missed any, let me or one of the other DS know.

...and sometimes, we just plain go sightseeing. Maybe one of the crew owned property in the area and at the end of a training flight, just flew over to show the rest of the crew.  Could be just that simple.

Must be nice to have the extra YFR.  We're having a hard time finding the hours to tick off a prof IRT, let alone maintain currencies for overseas obligations.

C1Dirty said:
Must be nice to have the extra YFR.  We're having a hard time finding the hours to tick off a prof IRT, let alone maintain currencies for overseas obligations.

We dont have any extra YFR in fact we just took a huge cut.  But we have to fly home from the Patrol areas so.......

C1Dirty said:
Must be nice to have the extra YFR. 

FWSAR get 4-6 hours per day to train with - not really extra YFR just part of the standby duty.

Strike said:
On a related note, there were two Hornets (I think 2, never saw them but heard them) kicking around Kingston on Saturday about noon.  Any ideas?  They didn't stop for fuel.  I was going to stop by to see if it was anyone I knew.

Probably doing some "touch and goes." I heard them and that's what it sounded like. The pilots have to get a certain number of hours of flight time per month, so they go on cross-country navigation trips to get the hours in and sometimes they do touch and goes. This is not the first time they have been in Kingston; I've heard them doing touch and goes on previous occasions. They probably use Kingston because it has a good airport and its off busier flight paths and the pilots have fewer restrictions to worry about.

I think it had more to do with the possibility of one of the pilots being from Kingston...there are a few of them still around.

Living in Coquitlam, near Vancouver, I get to see the Buffalos and the Cormorants from Comox (and the occasional 'My Ass was Saved, 442 Para-Rescue Squadron Comox BC bumper stickers) when they do some 'siteseeing' flying to or from their various commitments. The traffic picks up for the Abbotsford Airshow, but not much Hornet, I've only seen them screaming past on 9/11 (and they were really low, near full throttle), Practicing with the Snowbirds (for Abbotsford) and the best was four in a diamond formation at the Greycup. Just wait until Lord Stanley make a visit to town...

;D

Saw our wonderful new mean machine ripping around the Kingston airspace today.  There were more than a few people in vehicles pointing.

Seeing our C-17 roaring over Point Frederick today was a thing of beauty. I still can't get over how well a machine that large can move through the air.

That is one big beautiful bird  :D...was out back bbq'ing when I saw her flying about - stupid me didn't grab the camera...next time I'll get some pics.

Re: Can you identify this for me

Thanks to all who responded, you have been very helpful (especially for someone who knows absolutely nothing about airplanes)...The reason I was concerned was not because of noise, just curiosity and a bit of suspicion.  I think it was probably just doing SAR. that being said, I'm fairly agnostic when it comes to chemtrails and have been researching it a little bit so when something like this happens in your own backyard and you're open to the idea, then you start to ask questions (which is a good thing anyways)....The research I've done seems to indicate that the C-130 and the K-135 are the planes that are primarily used in these alleged operations.  I think the picture I took last weekend shows a K-135, I thought I  would ask the experts though.....It looks like an unmarked white plane.  Can anyone verify this and maybe shed some light on what this plane was doing? There are also some photos of some "trails", so if anyone has any opinions, it wouldbe greatly appreciated.....Thanks...

http://www.mts.net/~johnmath/plane/

Those are condensation trails on the first aircraft......This is naturaly occuring when you put hot exhaust gases into cold air

The second is a C-130 and those are simply the exhaust trails from the Allison Turboprops.....(T-56-A-14-LFE if you realy want to know) They are famous for leaving long black "fingers" behind them

"chemtrails"   ::)

Leave your conspiracy theories at the door

OK

You are seriously turning into a "Conspiracy Theorist".  Those vapour trails are natural.  You will see them behind any aircraft under the correct weather conditions.  There is a very scientific explanation for this occurance; one that I will leave to an expert........................but rest assured, IT IS NOT CHEMICAL SPRAYING!

Next thing we are likely to hear from you now, is that the Military is spraying your town when they drive their trucks through on a -40 Celsius day in Februrary.... ::)

Do you know what the air temperature is at the altitude that those aircraft are flying?

Merged both topics.

The Milnet.ca Staff

I guess the chemtrail advocates would ask a couple of follow up questions.

1. Why is it only in the last 10 years that we have seen what would be seen as chemtrails? (existing in crisscross patterns for long periods of time. Normal contrails disappear fairly fast...The one in my photo was there for over an hour.)

2. Chemtrails have appeared in all kinds of weather conditions.

I'm not accusing the military of spraying in this case but I think its important to keep in mind that the military has conducted spraying tests on the public in the past.  The pentagon has admitted to conducting 36 tests over the city of Winnipeg in 1953 in which they tested cancer causing agents....This is admitted by the Pentagon.....I've got the Toronto Star article from the 90's where they reported from the Pentagon press conference....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back