• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Can you identify this for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had some old lady in a nearby town not too long ago

Usualy complaint......too low...too noisy....but that wasnt all of it.....

She interpreted the 4 lines of black smoke coming out of the 4 Allisons as "they are spraying my house"

Of course this was when the agent orange thing was on TV every night

::)

How could anyone complain about a Herc is beyond me...I snapped this photo of one while staying at a friends place near Trenton...no photoshopping or anything, but the pic really does look good if I do say so myself... :)  A couple of years back i was having a beer at the Ontario Place marina  on practice day for the CIAS when one of you guys came in low and just over the tree tops...was the best experience of my life, only wish I would have had my camera ready!

LONG LIVE PROPS!

I see only curiosity by this person with no inclination of any complaints in either of his 2 posts. Anyone not related to the military would be curious to see a CF aircraft circling their area.

On a related note, there were two Hornets (I think 2, never saw them but heard them) kicking around Kingston on Saturday about noon.  Any ideas?  They didn't stop for fuel.  I was going to stop by to see if it was anyone I knew.

Bandit1 said:
Probably providing air cover for the 3 amigos meeting.
or a "routine" training flight.. depending on who is asking ???

I'm with you Signalman, I'm loving being here in Trenton and having my own personal airshow everyday.  Between the C-117 coming in last week, the CF-18 flitting about on Sat and the show and tell of the US Globemaster last night, it's been awesome.  

I'm finding the trains to be much louder than the aircraft and they have a tendency to run at all hours of the night.  

To the OP, I can fully appreciate how seeing an aircraft that one does not normally see would have you questioning why it was there.  A few years ago up in the Yukon, we had a 747 land at the Whitehorse airport.  Half the territory turned out to see it as one had never been in the airport before  (we have an airshow mid Feb so we're used to seeing all sorts of aircraft - just not a 747).  The aircraft in question was a suspected hijacked plane from Korean Airlines on Sept 11th.  

http://www.community.gov.yk.ca/pdf/sept11.pdf

One thing to keep in mind, there is always a reason for an aircraft to be in that location at that time. Why it was there, might just surprise you.  

niner domestic said:
One thing to keep in mind, there is always a reason for an aircraft to be in that location at that time. Why it was there, might just surprise you.  

...and sometimes, we just plain go sightseeing. Maybe one of the crew owned property in the area and at the end of a training flight, just flew over to show the rest of the crew.  Could be just that simple.

CDN Aviator said:
Maybe one of the crew owned property in the area and at the end of a training flight, just flew over to show the rest of the crew.  Could be just that simple.

Or possibly a new golf course in the area they wanted to check out?  ;D

I was really only wondering WHO they were (Should have been more specific.) so I could give them crap for not stopping in and saying hi.

Strike said:
I was really only wondering WHO they were (Should have been more specific.) so I could give them crap for not stopping in and saying hi.

i'm sure i can drop by if you realy want a fly-in visit

Strike said:
On a related note, there were two Hornets (I think 2, never saw them but heard them) kicking around Kingston on Saturday about noon.  Any ideas?  They didn't stop for fuel.  I was going to stop by to see if it was anyone I knew.

Hornets patrol everywhere. They are NORAD assets and must cover our side of the border. 'Nuf said.

I live in the flight path for landing in Pembroke and it doesn't bother me...the trains are more annoying...of course being an old Airborne soldier I still always have a look when I hear the Herc

Rick Ruter said:
Hornets patrol everywhere. They are NORAD assets and must cover our side of the border. 'Nuf said.

Well duh!  13 yrs in and a pilot myself, I kinda figured that out.  Rick, I really didn't care what was flying but who.  Too many friends out there I don't see enough of.

riggermade said:
I live in the flight path for landing in Pembroke and it doesn't bother me...the trains are more annoying...of course being an old Airborne soldier I still always have a look when I hear the Herc

Heh.... you mean your hearing still works?

Have a friend of mine that is Pathfinder & longtime member of the Skyhawks para team.  If it wasn't for his hearing aids, he'd be as deaf as they come.  Talking to him now, he sorta remembers seeing all the AF types with their big earmuffs - but never thought more of it ... he tells me married life is great though, she never complains :)

Strike said:
Well duh!  13 yrs in and a pilot myself, I kinda figured that out.  Rick, I really didn't care what was flying but who.  Too many friends out there I don't see enough of.
Strike, I thought you meant any idea what they were doing around Kingston. You'd be suprised how many CF pilotes outside the Fighter community don't know what we do for NORAD.

Did not mean to ruffle your feathers bud.

Ex Faucon???

Rick Ruter said:
You'd be suprised how many CF pilotes outside the Fighter community don't know what we do for NORAD.

And you would be surpised how many fighter pilots are shocked when you tell them theres more to the AF than fighters  ;D

Cottage Country, right?

So, if it wasn't for one of the 'official' reasons above, somebody in the Herc was either shopping for a cottage or needed to recce the route to a party he'd been invited to.

TCBF said:
Cottage Country, right?

So, if it wasn't for one of the 'official' reasons above, somebody in the Herc was either shopping for a cottage or needed to recce the route to a party he'd been invited to.

Like i said earlier........

CDN Aviator said:
...and sometimes, we just plain go sightseeing. Maybe one of the crew owned property in the area and at the end of a training flight, just flew over to show the rest of the crew.  Could be just that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back