• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Can partners come with you to phases1-3?

11ob9

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm highly interested in the CEOTP program for pilot training, I'm thinking of applying within the next few months and have researched the different aspects of the the recruiting and training process for this program. But, I haven't been able to find out if partners are allowed to join the officers while they are posted to  Moosejaw and Portage for flight training.
Thanks in advanced.

11ob9 said:
Hi,
I'm highly interested in the CEOTP program for pilot training, I'm thinking of applying within the next few months and have researched the different aspects of the the recruiting and training process for this program. But, I haven't been able to find out if partners are allowed to join the officers while they are posted to  Moosejaw and Portage for flight training.
Thanks in advanced.

Let's see what Goose says :)

If you are talking the Seneca CEOTP program, then no. You're posted to Toronto until you finish Seneca, which is post-phase III. You can't drag a spouse around on temporary duty/attached/prohibited postings. I know a lot of Senecas and very few (if any) are married - it skews to the just out of high school demographic.

Other entry plans, then yes you can be posted to Moose Jaw for PhII and set up house in a PMQ or in town. PhI is short and relatively precarious so bringing a partner is pointless. PhIII in Portage is still a temporary duty (you belong to Moose Jaw) so spouses are not supported. Also, PhIII multi is not much longer than PhI. Helo is different, though it's almost reasonable driving distance between Portage and MJ for weekend/long weekend visits home.

I've met many spouses who have set their selves up temporarily in Moose Jaw. Inexpensive rent and lots of wide open spaces in the area ;)

Back