• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Can NCI Ops still become SACs?

JohnnyCanuck1977 said:
think it's time I got an office with a view, AESOP should fit nicely,

Whats a view ?

Is a green computer screen a "view" ?

Well when you have your "eyes down and looking" your view is a little less than spectacular. On the bright side though if your in a Helo you've got that big door you get hang out of from time to time. Besides that I haven't met an AESOP yet with someting bad to say about their job, wish I could say the same thing about NCIOPs.

JohnnyCanuck1977 said:
Besides that I haven't met an AESOP yet with someting bad to say about their job, wish I could say the same thing about NCIOPs.

LOL...i never said anything bad.

Nciop doesn't even come close to AES op. I didnt go the SAC route --did the pre sac and was to do the SAC course but thought better of it,lol And that I had to do Westploy and then immediately after that do the sac course while the officer that was son the pre sac was going to get landed, no thanks!  Can't complain, people in the navy were great for the most part, had some great bosses, but the AESop world is a total different world, nothing but great things to say about it, was a great time.

Jobs is coming back to us as I understand.  MARS are out of the job and NCMs are going to be filling the training slots for the upcoming courses if they don't get MARS.

A few NCMs are apparently already course loaded for the course in the spring.

Cool and I just found my old log book.  Whats your vector Victor?

Next course coming up in June.  Just a bump for the specialty.

Totally makes sense for a SAC to be an NCM in a Naval environment. If a MARS officer is doing the SAC job, it'll probably be for a 2 year posting and then the next time he/she sees a ship, then it will probably be in some other capacity.

At least with an NCM in the role, he/she could do a few postings as a SAC. More bang for your buck!

Good to see the NCM's back in the seat.

I was less than thrilled to see the SAC seat filled exclusively by MARS Officers and fought against it (having more than a bit of skin in the game).  The argument that I used was that it would be just about impossible to generate 'A' SACs, given the career progression requirements of MARS Officers- a prediction that was borne out in only a few short years.

SeaKingTacco said:
I was less than thrilled to see the SAC seat filled exclusively by MARS Officers and fought against it (having more than a bit of skin in the game).  The argument that I used was that it would be just about impossible to generate 'A' SACs, given the career progression requirements of MARS Officers- a prediction that was borne out in only a few short years.

Lots of MARS Officers were pushed through the grades with the bare minimum required control time.  This resulted in several Alpha SACs who lacked the experience required for the position. (IMHO)

Bump for the new course in June on the east coast.  It's interesting going back to when Red started the thread and read through it again.  Still the same problems with recruiting the guys into the seats for some reason. 

The message is out for the CFNOS SAAC Bravo Course 11-22 July 11.

What exactly does a SAC do? Are they on the sea king or are they still in the ops room? I googled sac but didn't find much info.

yamahaguitarguy said:
What exactly does a SAC do? Are they on the sea king or are they still in the ops room? I googled sac but didn't find much info.

Shipborne Air Controller.  Either a MARS or an NCIOP specialty; they're both in the Ops room.

Dimsum said:
Shipborne Air Controller.  Either a MARS or an NCIOP specialty; they're both in the Ops room.

Just NCI OPs now. Stopped being a MARS option a while back.

Dipstick said:
Just NCI OPs now. Stopped being a MARS option a while back.

I stand corrected; thanks.  How about the guys/gals who are already D-levelled?  Do they keep doing it or do/did they have to get another D-level?

Dimsum said:
I stand corrected; thanks.  How about the guys/gals who are already D-levelled?  Do they keep doing it or do/did they have to get another D-level?

No MARS types sit down as SACS now. Its on of those types of quals that gets downgraded every year if you don't have any control time.

Back