• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Can i get a military contract to go to civvi u for Aerospace Engineering

Vince05

Reaction score
I'm weighing my options for university and would like to get the benefits of paid education and work experience in the military, i dont want to sacrifice the opportunity to get into a very competitive program at Carleton u that I think I have a good shot at. Wondering if they still give people contracts to go to civvi u as i've seen a couple posts saying they no longer do it.

I'm weighing my options for university and would like to get the benefits of paid education and work experience in the military, i dont want to sacrifice the opportunity to get into a very competitive program at Carleton u that I think I have a good shot at. Wondering if they still give people contracts to go to civvi u as i've seen a couple posts saying they no longer do it.
The CAF still does Civvy-U, but usually only if your program is not offered at RMC (like nursing for example). If your program falls under ideal degrees for your trades, you might have a chance. It is worth speaking to a recruiter.

The great thing about the military is that it's a guaranteed job once you graduate. I did my undergrad at Carleton and the only program I can think of with really high employment after graduation is engineering. Their engineering program is top notch, rest of the programs are probably on par with RMC. Only caveat are the sciences, since RMC isn't a research institute.

The great thing about the military is that it's a guaranteed job once you graduate. I did my undergrad at Carleton and the only program I can think of with really high employment after graduation is engineering. Their engineering program is top notch, rest of the programs are probably on par with RMC. Only caveat are the sciences, since RMC isn't a research institute.
what branch of engineering did you pursue and what trade did you choose?

You won't get to pick, they will either give you the offer for RMC or Civvy U, and then you can choose to accept or deny

Back