• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CAN Enhanced (Permanent?) Fwd Presence in Latvia

How long has it been since we have had 4 warships deployed on an offshore mission? cheers to the RCN
In Oct/Nov 18 the RCN had a CPF on REASSURANCE with SNMG1 (VDQ) and another CPF (HAL) plus two MCDVs on Ex TRIDENT JUNCTURE off Norway. The VDQ was in a different TG than the HAL while the MCDVs were in yet a third multi-national mine-countermeasures group on the exercise. The TRIDENT JUNCTURE units were not cut to NATO in the manner as the SNMG 1, but they were working on the same exercise. A fairly short pulse (several weeks sailing as parts of various NATO TGs, but one the MCDVs then transitioned to Op REASSURANCE as part of SNMCMG1.

In Oct/Nov 18 the RCN had a CPF on REASSURANCE with SNMG1 (VDQ) and another CPF (HAL) plus two MCDVs on Ex TRIDENT JUNCTURE off Norway. The VDQ was in a different TG than the HAL while the MCDVs were in yet a third multi-national mine-countermeasures group on the exercise. The TRIDENT JUNCTURE units were not cut to NATO in the manner as the SNMG 1, but they were working on the same exercise. A fairly short pulse (several weeks sailing as parts of various NATO TGs, but one the MCDVs then transitioned to Op REASSURANCE as part of SNMCMG1.

Fast And Furious Rock GIF by The Fast Saga

He really doesn’t have a choice. Canada’s’Heavy Bde’ commitment to NATO has been called up.
we made a promise, they came to collect before our government initially thought they ever would. Get ready for 4 CMBG to be stood back up, except as a skelaton force cause we do not have the man power to sustain an over seas brigade.

we made a promise, they came to collect before our government initially thought they ever would. Get ready for 4 CMBG to be stood back up, except as a skelaton force cause we do not have the man power to sustain an over seas brigade.
What if we started recruiting in Europe and elsewhere?

Stand up 4 CMBG as the Canadian Foreign Legion 😁

The difference between a "skeleton force" and a "predeployed brigade" is the equipment and a plan for a flyover contingent.

The equipment is no problem. Take all the tanks from 1 CMBG (except a training squadron). Take one LAV company from each existing LAV battalion (allegedly we can't man them fully anyway). Assess each brigade to provide 1/3 of all the headquarters, combat support, combat service support equipment. Shut down CMTC and re-establish it in Europe as the core of the brigade's personnel and conduct future Maple Resolves there as REFORLAT (or REFORPOL - that makes DATE Europe more realistic).

Call it 3 CMBG just to be different.

Brigade on the cheap. I'm only half joking. 😁

🍻

Knowing our NDHQ, they would stand up 6 Div to manage 3 CMBG, which at 6 Divs now requires the stand up of 1 CANCORP HQ
You know you want too!

Attachments

• First_Canadian_Army_formation_patch.svg.png
    First_Canadian_Army_formation_patch.svg.png
    7.8 KB · Views: 3
I strongly believe Canada will have a Bde over soon. I think at this point even your PM sees the clouds of war coming closer.
Wowa… hold the phone there Kev…

I usually agree with you on about 99% of all things thus far. But on this one, I have to come to a dead stop…

Our PM has demonstrated absolutely zero, and I mean truly zero, foresight or forethought when it comes to anything related to ‘him as PM.’

Situations in which the average person would say “This is a bad idea, I probably shouldn’t do this…” or “Ya know, what are the realistic consequences of this choice compared to this other choice?”

Nadda. Zip. Zilch.

He ‘may’ see some war clouds forming on the horizon. Like waaaayyyyyy off in the horizon, above someone else’s country.

But putting together a plan to deal with those clouds? Not until it starts making HIM look bad, my friend - only when the adults start whispering about him and chuckling does he seem primed to do much of anything.

He has seen how bare the cupboard is when it came time to donate kit to Ukraine. Has there been any effort at all to stock that cupboard since then? Nope.

My point is… I think you may be giving him too much credit

Knowing our NDHQ, they would stand up 6 Div to manage 3 CMBG, which at 6 Divs now requires the stand up of 1 CANCORP HQ
No. Europe is expeditionary, so it does not belong to the Army and so it will not require another HQ in the Army. If we do get another HQ, it will be a return of CFE, which had two subordinate division HQs (one land and one air) the last time it existed.

Back