• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Camp Ipperwash Accident?

C

Copy-6

Ancient history - circa 1988, while I was serving with 22 SVC BN in London, I had a friend, surname 'Pelletier'. 

Sorry - can't quite recall the first name - nice friend, eh?

Anywho, Pelletier was training with the MP's at Camp Ipperwash (aka Ippernam before the return to the Stoney Point Band) when an accident occurred out near the range road.

It appeared that he may have died of natural causes while behind the wheel of a Jeep.

Does anywho else recall this? 

Yup, I can remember that accident... I was with 22 Svc Bn at that time...
But if ya need excact details, Hmmm, I remember the accident, and the jeep roll over, but that was about the extend of what I heard or really know...
Back at that time I was a Mcpl Supply Tech.. and there were only the 2 of us so if you remember who was in Supply at 22 during that time ya have a 50/50 chance of knowing me.....

Hey was a friend of mine

James Ray Palen
It happend April 12th 1987

I was there doing my recruit course when it happend
I was in 22 SVC BN

I was with 1RCR in London at the time. I was doing part of my pre ISCC in Ipperwash shortly after that (Juneish). Think I vaguely remember hearing about that accident.

Me, James and an other guy from transport were out the night before in an ML, all over the training area even over to the park, there was about 6 MLs in the group, I heard after that, that the investigation result was that the cj7's had a plastic piece in the seat belt buckle that sheared off and let him loose so he ended up pinned under the roll bar, RIP James.:(

Back