• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Camp/garrison routine

quadrapiper

Reaction score
Afternoon all! I'm putting together a ceremonial and traditions module for a senior cadet-focused course, but have had no luck finding anything that outlines camp or garrison routine. Looking primarily to contextualize the standard bugle and bagpipe calls in their original, routine usage.

Didn't seem to be anything on Regimental Rogue, Arrse, or on the wider internet. Thanks!

Afternoon all! I'm putting together a ceremonial and traditions module for a senior cadet-focused course, but have had no luck finding anything that outlines camp or garrison routine. Looking primarily to contextualize the standard bugle and bagpipe calls in their original, routine usage.

Didn't seem to be anything on Regimental Rogue, Arrse, or on the wider internet. Thanks!
If you find it, let me know so I can understand what the majority of my military service was all about ;)

Seriously, garrison routine was never realy written down anywhere AFAIK but consumed 80% of our time in battalion.

Seems to vary from regiment and service. 3Herd, PT in the morning, Breakfast, Assemble in the Gun shed, find out what is the crisis de jour and courses location and who is in shit, promoted. Ramble off to various tasks, coffee, which involves smoking, cards and talking about taxes, work, lunch, work, coffee, work, dismissal parade. I don't recall any bugles or music, but Shilo was a spread out base in the 80's.

Back