• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Call Signs

dh101

Inactive
Reaction score
Does Anyone know of any good/cool call signs. This is just for fun, if you know any or have a favourite post em here.

Edit to fix thread title spelling

Bunnylover 3 - 2

“1-Adam-12 requesting code 7,”
"Negative, 1-Adam-12, standby for call.”

Warhammer
Showstopper
Gateway
Football
Ranger-1

Loachman - but it's taken.

Car Ram-rod.    ;D

Regards

recceguy said:
Car 54, where are you?

"There's a holdup in the Bronx. Brooklyn's broken out in fights. There's a traffic jam in Harlem that's backed up to Jackson Heights. There's a scout troop short a child. Kruschev's due at Idlewild. Car 54, Where Are You?"

I always liked the daily changing callsigns/
Romeo Two Delta Two
Charlie tree Papa Oscar
One two Six Niner
Romeo Gulf Six Eight
One Two Foxtrot Uniform

Teflon said:
PBR60 (the Patrol Boat-River in Apocalypse Now)
Wasn't its callsign "Street Gang" -- as in, when the B52s are enroute, "PBR Street Gang, this is Almighty..."?

Frostnipped Elf said:
"Rampart, this is Squad 51".
"Go ahead 51".
:rofl: I just looked this up on Youtube because I couldn't recall the name of the show I would watch when I was around 4. Ah, the memories...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiiRKWXQGP4

Of course this will date me even earlier, but it was probably the first widespread portrayal of radio comms to TV audiences.

"21-50 to headquarters!" . . . . . "Ten-four"

Blackadder1916 said:
"21-50 to headquarters!" . . . . . "Ten-four"

Before the pretty boys on CHPs in glorious black and white. It had a strong influence on me because of its highway safety message. That more Americans were being slaughtered on the highway every single year than in all the years of the war in Vietnam.
"Leave your blood at the Red Cross, not on the highway!"
http://www.highwaypatroltv.com/vidcaps.shtml

"Signal 30". They showed it to us at CFB Borden in 1972. "Wheels of Tragedy", "Mechanised Death", and others.

Journeyman said:
Wasn't its callsign "Street Gang" -- as in, when the B52s are enroute, "PBR Street Gang, this is Almighty..."?

Might have been their nick named used but I fairly certain the actual c/s was PBR60. I the end I would put money on either.

Der Panzerkommandant.... said:

Not the best idea on the open radio waves....

Good callsigns I used...

Bandit
Dragon
Rutt
Zulus
Jedis
Chargers
Moose
Slayers
Dogs
Outlaws
Cowboys

Others I thought were cool

Hitman
Murder
Nightmare

Others I tought were gay not cool

Apache
Apache Chief

Heard a callsign on the radio in KAF on a couple of nights - Booyah. I never did find out who or what it was.

Azrael - the Islamic angel of death - was another good one: OH58Ds.

Back