• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cafe Day

kiss and make up, then?

Well, you can all kiss me, anyway.

hmmm, should I make the obvious joke about Kiss and make-up? Nahh.

Well done to the little girl, and to angeie, for helping her with this.

its a great idae, she is such a wonderful girl, and great that her parents and teachers nd now everyone has supported her, and on aboard

ang

Hi guys, to get back on topic...letters to the troops.  We've heard from all of you who are involved in sending to the troops - kudos!  Now a word from the receiving end.  There are approx 2200 troops here, fighting troops, headquarters, and our support troops.  The Kandahar postal section (four very hard working guys) take all the "any soldier" letters and divy them up between TF ORION - 1 PPCLI BG (900 + pers), NSE (300 +/-), NCE (300 +/-), TF AEGIS/MNB (150 +/-), TF MERCURY/HQ&Sigs (200 +/-), ok don't slam my math this just estimates.  As we (TF ORION) are the largest, I get loads and loads, so far approx 65 different schools/churches/brownies/guides/4h club etc have sent bulk mailings.  Not to mention the 100's of individual letters from Canadians  :cdn:

So tips on mailing:

1.  well if you are sending on behalf of an organization please include a covering letter, ie from the teacher, leader etc - make sure you itdentify your organization and a complete mailing address - we will write back!  The BG trys to send an "official" letter back to the various orgs to acknowledge that yes we received the letters and to say thank you!  I then distribute the letters to the various companies which are outside the wire but love to get mail any chance they can. 

2.  I do sort through them all...sigh, not all letters received are in support of the troops.  Everyone is entitled to their opinions but please do not send it in a letter to a troop who has been away from his family and living in VERY harsh and dangerous conditions, they don't need that.  YES I have voted myself protector of "my boys and girls" outside the wire.  Glad to say out of the hundreds we've recieved letters of those type have been few and far between.

3.  Don't be disappointed if you don't recieve a reply, there is a war going on out there, although not all the troops can write back it's a huge morale boost.  Warm fuzzies in an envelope!

4.  Last but not least - don't send chocolate - Easter was great and as much as we all love goodies, well it was 43 C here today and can make for some messy packages  ;D

So right at this moment I have three boxes of letters/cards etc sitting at my feet ready to go out!  Keep up the good work Canada and Auriele  :salute:  good job-great cause.  Love from the sandbox - Kandahar

Back