• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CAF international bases, staging areas, and fighting formations

Technoviking said:
Ich habe überhaupt nichts verstanden.  Noch mal, bitte? 

;D

Oh, you get it!! It's Valentine's Day, you should treat me!!

Ein großes bier und eine frites mit mayo ... schnell!!

Yeah, and I understood what you both typed. Just admit you are over the hill and the excitement of Europe is for those with a full career to enjoy.

Holy Crap, I'm fracked now!!

Old Sweat said:
Yeah, and I understood what you both typed. Just admit you are over the hill and the excitement of Europe is for those with a full career to enjoy.

Holy Crap, I'm fracked now!!

I'm gonna go all ginja ninja on you!!  :mad:

ArmyVern said:
Ein großes bier und eine frites mit mayo ... schnell!!
Jawohl!

n-fut-5l-klosterbrau-wezen.jpg

917793.png

Technoviking said:
GERN!  ;D

Jetzt wird was los, oder?  :nod:

Just a normal conversation between friends!! That's all; they'll move along.  8)

I hate to burst any of those 99 Red Balloons, but from what I have heard, they are basically picking up the 4 or 5 positions that were in Spangdhelam and moving them to Koln-Bonn. Even the outcan positions that were advertised this year said "position location TBD". Other developments and closures are happening, which will lead to even fewer Outcan positions  :'(

Move us to Australia and tell the Americans to stay in Guam 8)

Some details yet to be worked out, apparently....
Canadian plans to create a defense logistics hub in Germany are in doubt after complications arising from German objections over potential noise pollution.

Canada announced plans for opening the hub as it unveiled a long-term strategy to better prepare for overseas military operations.

Canadian forces are active in Afghanistan and took part in NATO's operation in Libya last year.

After talks with German Defense Minister Thomas de Maiziere in Ottawa on Feb. 14, Canada announced it would set up a logistics hub at German's Koln Bonn Airport, which serves Bonn, Cologne and surrounding tones.

The planned hub is to be a substitute for the U.S. Air Base Spangdahlem in the southwestern German state of Rhineland-Palatinate, which Canada shares.

Spangdahlem is near the sparsely populated city of Eifel while the Koln Bonn Airport is one of the busiest land and air transportation hubs.

Airport administration officials said they couldn't accept the plan for Canadian relocation as increased night flights in a congested urban center could upset residents.

Cologne city officials said they also opposed Canada's planned move.

"The airport of a major city is not the right location for additional military air traffic," Cologne Lord Mayor Juergen Roters said.

In fact, he said, the city favored a further reduction in night flights to reduce noise pollution.

Airport officials said they would continue to confer with Canadian armed forces and German Defense Ministry to find a solution ....
UPI, 22 Feb 12

Garvens, with the airport management, said allowing additional military flights from the Canadians "does not fit into our efforts, to keep the noise exposure of the residents as low as possible."

There's the troublemaker.....bloody typical.

Back