• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CADPAT Rain Gear

Last I heard (late '05) that there was still no CADPAT rain gear approved for LF environment. Had something to do with the CADPAT material on the rain jacket. I'll check to see what exactly was the reasoning tomorrow at work.

Nfld_Sapper said:
Last I heard (late '05) that there was still no CADPAT rain gear approved for LF environment. Had something to do with the CADPAT material on the rain jacket. I'll check to see what exactly was the reasoning tomorrow at work.

According to the Textiles conference that occurred April 19-20, 2006 in Ottawa, the CADPAT Rain Gear is now under the direction of CTS (therefore a CTS item) and has been converged with the Air Force 2-1 rain gear to save costs. The Army is waiting for treasury board approval for 78, 000 sets. According to the presentation, the design and trials are done. The presentations are found in this topic.

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/42488.0.html

Nfld_Sapper -Where do you work that you would be able to check at work? Must be nice if you have the inside scoop. ;D

I've read that post earlier. Still go some contacts at Trails and Errors Evaluation.

If it comes down to it I can find out why the orignal jacket failed from T&E's DIN site.

"Had something to do with the CADPAT material on the rain jacket."
I don't see this as a problem as the AF already has/had them.  The Army one's will be similar.  All about the Benjamen's.

CFL said:
"Had something to do with the CADPAT material on the rain jacket."
I don't see this as a problem as the AF already has/had them.  The Army one's will be similar.  All about the Benjamen's.
I think the problem was more like the material that the AF raingear consisted of was just not suitable for tactical purposes. It's louder than the brakes of an LSVW coming through in the dead of night. Army trial was to involve similiar but 'different' material than that which is currently employed in the manufacture of the AF rain gear. To save money...CTS and the CEMS (Air Force) project were told to "merge" the raingear into one common design for use by both elements...not necessarily to adapt the AF gear which is good on the flight line but very loud in the trenches.

Upon trialling new 'merged' material, some were found to have problems accepting the cadpat pattern dye. As far as I'm aware...that problem's been overcome...and now it is simply Treasury Board approval of the funding for purchase that is delaying the delivery into the system.

Well, the new budget is supposed to be out in a few days...hopefully that will puch things along.

:dontpanic:

Matt_Fisher said:
Oil doesn't eat Gore-Tex.

Have a look at what the US Air Force is using for their Bulk Fuel Handler's:
http://www.goremilitary.com/ow_product3.html

Well maybe you should look at the jackets some of our drivers wear. If oil and diesel doesn't eat Gor, why does my own have labels "Don't expose jacket to oils". I have a damn whole in one of my sleeves, after I splashed gas on it.

with all that snow on the ground.... ???

gimmie a break - parka weather

In Petawawa they have been issuing new TW rain gear to Sigs pers deploying to Texas as part of TFA HQ Roto 6. AR rain gear is available enroute to KAF.

As newbies are coming in, they are receiving their TW raingear.
Old stocks were depleted
It should be coming out this year to most people. 

Desert (tan) pattern is known as AR =Arid Region

Clothe the Soldier image (attached) demonstrates the reason for the name Temperate Woodland

TF 1-08 got the new rain gear which is very close to the air force version with a few additions, namely, pit zips, arm pockets, name tag velcro, rank slide.

All in all, it's not bad, I can't see how the mesh lining contributes aside from making it heavier.

I have a set of the airforce raingear and I cut out the mesh liner, it definitely makes it a lot more packable.

noneck

Back