• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CADPAT Puttees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pencil Tech

Inactive
Reaction score
Lots of folks on these boards have commented on the amount of time and money CTS seems to putting into the seemingly dubious project to make CADPAT combat boots. If they want CADPAT on boots, wouldn't it be simpler to come up with some cheap and easy to use CADPAT puttees? What do people think?

Pencil Tech said:
If they want CADPAT on boots, wouldn't it be simpler to come up with some cheap and easy to use CADPAT puttees? What do people think?

I think someone's smoking something dubious.  ;)

1) Puttees only cover the ankles anyway, not the whole boot.
2) If you've never had to wrap and wear them on a daily basis, don't wish for what you don't really want.
3) Sergeant Majors already have enough to do without reintroducing that dress item.

What you're looking for is gators, and we don't want those back either.

You're right, it's gaiters I was thinking of.  :-\ I don't think Sergeant Majors have nearly enough to do though.  ;)

I have Gortex gaters I purchased at MEC, they are great for wet grass, rain and mud....

First time for everything on army.ca...

There are apparently enough people who want to bring back the forage cap. Why not throw in some Cadpat spats too?

scarletts and pith helmets I say!
By the way, little lesson learned: when wearing scarletts and pith helmets, don't teach the troops to respond to the commands "Form hollow square! Fix bayonets! Prepare to repel cavalry! Front ranks kneeling, second ranks standing! Officers to the corners! In volley, by rank, fire!"

Ok, I started this ridiculous discussion and I wish I hadn't.  :'( I really meant gaiters, not puttees, and obviously that's gone over like a lead balloon (not that CADPAT boots isn't a funny idea). Anyway I'm sorry. So what do you guys think of tricorn hats with feathers?

Pencil Tech said:
Anyway I'm sorry. So what do you guys think of tricorn hats with feathers?

The Black Watch has already got the feathers, and a tricorn wouldn't be so bad I guess...so long as I don't have to wear it in CADPAT :p

Ahhhhh.......... When will CADPAT mania end???? Whats next? CADPAT berets? Leave the boots & headgear as they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back