• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cadpat for reserves?

Carbon-14 said:
I don't understand!  your post makes no sense!

Ohhh you meant you're

Sorry I coudln't resist.  Everyone makes mistakes, especially spelling.

I thought combats were made of cotton but on closer inspection it doesn't say.  Anyone know for sure?

Yes and I believe "that " mistake would be yours as that is the correct grammar not you are. :salute:

Carbon-14 said:
I don't understand!    your post makes no sense!

Ohhh you meant you're

Sorry I coudln't resist.   Everyone makes mistakes, especially spelling.

I thought combats were made of cotton but on closer inspection it doesn't say.   Anyone know for sure?

;)

yup i make them too..  But i don't know what this boards obsession is with error free posts.  It seems like every thread has a "You're a bad speller so i'm not going to acknowledge your message or answer your question" post even when its pretty obvious what the originator was trying to get across. 

and no..  It should have been you're as in:
"Probably not. At least until we can figure out your spelling and grammar, and fathom WTF you are talking about."

Now look what i've done.  Another thread on grammer spelling...  :(

This thread reminds me of the story about how many forum members it takes to screw in a light bulb.  :dontpanic:

CBH99 said:
Funny someone should ask this...

I was driving through the Wal-Mart parking lot the other day   (Whatever smartass comments you have at this point, pls shove em') - :p - and noticed a soldier packing up a fan full of stuff.   He looked as if he was recently off duty - but the point is:   HE WAS STILL WEARING OLIVE DRAB.   Good heavens, please tell me he's a freak and that there still aren't mass amounts of reservists without their CADPAT?   (I was issued CADPAT like 2yrs ago just as I was getting out of the reserves - I really hope this isn't the case).

This individual could literally have been anybody in the Canadian Forces. It was mentioned that they could be a Cadet or CIC officer but the truth is it they could have been Reg and Res Force too. I did a co-op at the Canadian Forces College in Toronto (as a civy) and met a few of the senior officers (Reg and Res) Maj - Col whom were still in the old Olive Drab kit. I would also like to mention that living so close to Borden and visiting regularly (Old man works there) it's not uncommon to see 2-3 persons in the "Old Stuff" on any given day. My co-op was from Jan-Jun 2005 and I continue to live in the Borden area so it's not like my story is overly outdated.
    I imagine this won't be the case much longer, but as of right now they're still out there.

Yea, I've seen a few Air Force guys in OD in Borden. Kinda strange, since they were instructers on a BMQ course, and all the recruits had CADPAT.

In Borden all Navy get the OD Cbts excapt for the medics whom have completed SQ they are perm issued their cadpat.

foxtwo said:
Are the Gerbers that are issued brand new or used?

New, unless you get a used one.  When usable items are returned to the stores, they get reissued.

foxtwo said:
Are the Gerbers that are issued brand new or used?

Michael O'Leary said:
New, unless you get a used one.

Michael:  That was probably the most profound statement in the last three pages.

when i get in and get my camo, you think theyll let me use it for paintball?  I mean it probaly gets all mudy and stuff on weekend excursions anyways, and paint washes off easy.

Adrian_888 said:
when i get in and get my camo, you think theyll let me use it for paintball?  I mean it probaly gets all mudy and stuff on weekend excursions anyways, and paint washes off easy.

No.

If you tear something will you pay to replace it or expect to turn it in for a replacement?  Why should the Crown pay for your paintball clothes?

Isn't there something in writing about using military kit for "other than military" activities, as in it is not authorized??

Michael O'Leary said:
No.

If you tear something will you pay to replace it or expect to turn it in for a replacement?  Why should the Crown pay for your paintball clothes?

ok I wont then, thats why I was asking.

Mud Recce Man said:
Isn't there something in writing about using military kit for "other than military" activities, as in it is not authorized??

Yes....unauthorised use of DND property.... yadda yadda yadda.

Get charged and fined.

Your best bet is to buy a knock off set from a war surplus store and use it instead.

Regards

Back