• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CADPAT Camo Tape

CADPAT_TW

Inactive
Reaction score
I have searched all over the internet and I could not find CADPAT TW tape all i could find was the old blotch kind, If anyone knows a website where i can find it please notify me

I have a buddy who works at 3M who makes all assortments of duct tape/gun tape, I'll be sure to ask him about it ;)

there is some new cling-type gun wrap in various patterns, no CADPAT yet, but MARPAT clones.  It clings to itself no glue.  Never used it yet.  Camo-Form (TM) "Camo-Wrap"
not sure of a website

I definetely like the idea of the clingwrap type tape. Nothing worse than having to remove the glue from gun tape of of your weapon after you've had it on there for awhile.

Sorry for sounding like an idiot here, but what exactly do you use this tape for?

-Just a curious little kid  :blotto:

Sorry for sounding like an idiot here, but what exactly do you use this tape for?

-Just a curious little kid 

I can come up with one good place to use it...

I sell all kinds of tape for the Entertainment industry.  We cary the various shades of green, I will check to see if our suppliesr make a form of camo tape.  We actually have a Canadian and an American supplier, so who knows.

dileas

tess

Hunter911 said:

-Just a curious little kid  :blotto:

It's used to assist in camouflaging your weapon.

Weapons, as issued, have a distinctive shape, colour, texture, and shine.  Effective camouflage involves changing those properties.

Hunter911 said:

-Just a curious little kid   :blotto:

You can wrap in around your service weapon and it'l help to make the weapon (which is full of stright lines and edges) harder to see.

Slim

I have used the camo form stuff, and I believe it is going to be trialled eventually.  It is a decent product, it can get wet, and still stick, but only to itself.  It can get cold and hot and still work.  It is nice to put on anything you will have to touch bare skin to in extreme temps.  Like the filler cap of a Coleman in the winter or around a pot/lantern handle.  I wrapped it around hand guards and had no problem taking it off again after about 5 mags.  And it left no residue.  I wouldn't put it on a barrel, but anting else can be covered with it easily.  It can be tron into little tiny chunks to cover knobs as well.  Just so long as it eventually touches itself again it will stick on.  I even put it on my hockey stick as grip tape.  I had some in ACU and MARPAT and the company said no problem to doing it in TW and AR.  They just need the permission and the demand

The only tape that is good is white tape, for winter ops. making everything cadpat is a little far fetched! :warstory:

The only tape that is good is white tape. It's good for winter ops (rifle, tac-vest). We're going a little far with this cadpat!

with the C7A2 midlife upgrade, Scope casing & most plastic parts are going green. don't think a CADPAT AR/TW tape truly necessary. "clingy" black & white ones might be nice though.
IMHO

BITTER PPCLI CPL said:
The only tape that is good is white tape. It's good for winter ops (rifle, tac-vest). We're going a little far with this cadpat!

Good thing BITTER PPCLI CPL wasn't around for the great Cadpat thing debates.  :eek:

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/17622.0.html

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/16414.0.html

haha cadpat tape.
damn I'd buy some, just to tape it all over my locker of course.
I've seen guys that had sleeves custom made to put on the handguards and butt, I thought it was pretty slick if you ask me. we should have done something like that for the rifles (maybe that's just the kit mongler in me talking though)
hey gerry; don't you got some sand to count? :D tell me if you can do that up, I can pick up the 3m stuff if this guy is in london.
Greg

BITTER PPCLI CPL said:

It doesn't necessarily have to be Cadpat, any camo pattern or even green or arid colour will do. In the desert as well as in the snow, a green and black rifle sticks out like a sore thumb, same idea for the two. But the cling wrap tape would definetely prove more effective than guntape.

And yeah Greg he's in London, I'll get a hold of him once i'm back in country next week and let you know. Don't you have a locker to protect?

Back