• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cadpat Bivvy Bags?

chrisf

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
Disclaimer: This is not an "ooh shiny kit gimmie" question.

Bivvy bags manufactured with cadpat goretex, I see them pop up from time to time, more often in the hands of new recruits then anyone else. I've also seen them *quite* frequently on the surplus market, as frequently as the green bivvy bags... which is why I'm wondering, are/were they a trial item? Are they slowly filtering into the system?

Mostly wondering why they're so common on the surplus market.

I'll be honest, I was issued the CADPAT bivvy bag back on basic, and have only seen the green ones issued to people who required a temporary second one (ie, their rucksack is UAB).

AFAIK the CADPAT bag is general issue but apparently still filtering down to some ASU's.

They were a replacement for the green bivvy bag, so if yours is lost or destroyed you should be able to get the CADPAT one if your ASU has no stock left of the green ones.

We must have stocks and stocks of the green ones, I've seen very few cadpat ones in use.

a Sig Op said:
Disclaimer: This is not an "ooh shiny kit gimmie" question.

It is for me, I want one. They took my CADPAT one away at the end of BMOQ in St. Jean and I've had the olive one ever since :crybaby:

Same fabric, same design, they both keep the rain out, you'll get over it.

a Sig Op said:
We must have stocks and stocks of the green ones, I've seen very few cadpat ones in use.

Yeah, bivvy bags are something that really don't wear out much, so the stocks wouldn't deplete as fast.

I got mine over six years ago; at that time it was shiny new kit. Now, it seems like anyone in my regiment who joined in the last two or three years has one.

CanadianTire said:
I got mine over six years ago; at that time it was shiny new kit. Now, it seems like anyone in my regiment who joined in the last two or three years has one.

First time I saw them was in 2004. I think I got mine in like 2005 after I tore my OD one. They are pretty common place in the reserves in LFCA. Or atleast from what I have seen.

Somehow I was the last guy I knew with OD combats but the first with a CADPAT bivvy bag. Had to explain over and over that it wasn't bought from CP Gear.

Probably easier to find your biv, with the olive one ...next they will be issueing cadpat ground sheets.... (I probably shouldn't have mention that)

Do you remember a certain lineman loosing his wallet on exercise (Same exercise you ended up ambushing the CO, and another certain sig op lost the platoon in the dark and accidentally ended up part of enemy force)? Went back, tore the former biv site apart looking for it. Never found it, I'm guessing it's the last cadpat wallet he'll ever buy...

a Sig Op said:
Do you remember a certain lineman loosing his wallet on exercise (Same exercise you ended up ambushing the CO, and another certain sig op lost the platoon in the dark and accidentally ended up part of enemy force)? Went back, tore the former biv site apart looking for it. Never found it, I'm guessing it's the last cadpat wallet he'll ever buy...

I remember ... *chuckle* Back to the topic at hand. Just because it isn't Cadpat doesn't mean it won't work.

Back