• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CADEX Tactical Grip C7/C8

darmil

Inactive
Reaction score
I just got this issued the other day haven't put it on my C7A2.I start gunfighter next week so this is going to help alot .I didn't even know they where in the system.Has anybody tried it out any good?Of course...it's made in Quebec ;)

I ran a couple of pairs ranges with it earlier this month...not too bad.

I've seen lots of our troops have them fall off if they're not tightened enough, so reef it on tight. I fit mine in on the closest holes on the handguards, but that's without my PAQ4, so I'll have to see how that works out with the added weight.

DF

2RCR had these on when they arrived in A'stan. The grips are pretty much crap and will snap off the rail with any sidways pressure regardless of how tight they are,the material used is brittle,the grip will snap off when "bumped",the back of my LAVIII was littered with broken grips everytime we took them for a famil ride.  I don't expect much from my gear except that it works, so far DND is not making many points on that front.

I concur...junk
I have smal mitts, throw on a couple pressure switches, and its huge. Not to mention is does not "lock".

But the other products they make for military use seem good, hopfully they will make improvements on the grip.

Well the CF was originally get FOBUS to make a knock off of the Tango Down grip - but it appears that a member of the CF just happened to call Jeff Cahill of Tango Down and then forward him that info...  ^-^

Between attempts at ripping off other designs (Diemaco's attempt to clone the KAC RAS system, until that same guy told KAC too ;D - seeing a pattern..)

The CF and their lack of integrity to buy the RIGHT gear intially, and then due to mismanagement and incompetance settles on a POS.

Just my 0.02 from the shadows.

Much like adding a strip of M1913 rail to the bottom of a handguard is a solution to a problem, sure it looks good but when the soldier applies pressure to the grip it pops the whole handguard off. Inconveniant with blanks but deadly in a firefight. Should have just got the damn M5/M4 RAS or similar ( Surefire System, YHM,etc)in the first place.

Careful -- heaven forbid an end user question the decision of weapons techs or staff officers  ;)

Hey, how about that wonderful triad system?!?!?

Oops, did I just throw fuel on the fire??  Hehe

And that's the difference between "a couple of ranges" and months in the field  ;D

Figured it was crap the plastic feels and looks cheap.Not liking that it folds either.Why the Gov't rushes to get  a useless piece of kit out I'll never know, wrong people approving this stuff.Well still coughing up the cash for my own grip. ::) I guess tomorrow all the guys that where on TF106 are filling out a questionnaire on the Tac vest should be interesting to hear about.Does anybody from 1VP know if those rigs that that sigs guy is selling are any good?

I've never seen the grip, so I'm curious as to how it mounts to the handguard - are you given a rail kit, or does it mount into the vent holes?

Seen - the grip does look a little frail. I think i'd prefer my simple and bombproof KAC grip though.

P2250095.jpg

I've seen some around where can I get one?Whats the price?

I purchased my grip and the GG&G rail from Dave's Army Surplus in New Westminster, BC. IIRC, the rail was ~70$ and the grip ~25$. I'd link to it but I can't seem to access their new webpage. It might not even be listed, actually. You can give them a call and they'll take care of you.

PatrickO said:
I purchased my grip and the GG&G rail from Dave's Army Surplus in New Westminster, BC. IIRC, the rail was ~70$ and the grip ~25$. I'd link to it but I can't seem to access their new webpage. It might not even be listed, actually. You can give them a call and they'll take care of you.

For $25 new the grip was likely a airsoft fake. A huge percentage of the KAC stuff out there is airsoft ripoffs, panels, grips, rails, etc.

Food for thought for sure.. how much would they usually run? it's just a simple plastic grip with a plastic inner piece that acts as the screw-in lock. It seems to have authentic trademarks on it (Knight's Armament Company, Vero Beach, FL, etc). Either way, even as a knock-off, it's simple, works very well and is pretty much bombproof.

Its one thing to rush into buying crap and its another thing to take so long generations have gotten out without the trialled gear.  No middle ground.  Look at what our allies are using (Brits, Americans) and see what works for us.  Save on research and development costs, its already been proven in austere conditions.  Instead we get this add on rail system that I wouldn't give to the ANA.  I'll leave the usage of the vertical grip to those that have way more gunfighter time then I to how good or bad it is.

KAC grips are $55 USD from most retailers in the US -- and My trusty KAC catalogue tells me their US MIL price is more than you paid for your grip at Dave's

I've gotten airsoft KAC one from "people in BC" before -- side by side a real KAC grip they are virtually identical -- however the KAC one is made of a heavier duty plastic (they weight a bi tmore)

However I've seen a number of real KAC grips snap - so nothing is "bombproof" 
  Photobucket appears to be down (OR AT LEAST FOR ME) or I would put some pics up.

I've never really understood why someone would want a folding grip  ???  -- but then again as a lot of the US Force Mod guys have said OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN, Canada really does march to a different drummer.

O.k I'm looking for a good grip that's not cheaply made ::)I don't want it to be too expensive just want it to perform well.

Back