• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cadets- What Would You Change?

We can :)

.22 calibre live firing
is authorized for
AHACSTC.
"¢ .22-calibre live firing
is authorized for
LHQ training on
approved facilities.

AHASTC?
What,
Albert
Head
Air
Cadet
Summer
Training
Centre?

We did at Lac SAb too, not sure if they still do at Baggotville...Mandel? Do they?

no   :mad:, but we did some "quadratholon" and this was the only time we shot anything. AND THEY WERE ONLY THE DAISYS!!   :'(. only 4 people from our flight could compete in this aswel. So there was no scheduled range time BAH HUMBUG.

I would change spending i would increse the amount they use cause my corps never has enough :cdn:

Yeah, I would have to second that one too.  We barely have enough eqipment to do us, and it is soon going to need to be replaced.  Last year for drill team we had to ration the webbing so that everyone would have a web belt.  One of the belts fell apart during the competition *blush*

I woukd have to say that my Corps is pretty good for getting us the equipment we need. They have gotten us everything that we have needed in the past, to my knowledge(Dano Correct me if I'm Wrong) But we have a big corps so fundraising is pretty easy.

If i could change one thing about cadets, i make it MORE HARDCORE!! bring back the actually fun stuff to do! as well, id get rid of the 553 maroon berets! come on, they're offiliated to a mechanized infantry batallion, NOT AIRBORNE!!!

A long time ago, I was privileged enough to be a member of the 666 Air Cadet Squadron in North York Toronto. That would have been, hmmm 80's... I went to the reserves in '85.

Those were the days though, cadets was everything. I was always so eager to attend the Tuesday night planning then the Thursday night parade nights. But really what IS cadets? A breading ground for reserve and regular force? I've been out of the forces for some time now, '96. But there needs to be a closure relationship between a Cadet Corp/Sqn and the Reserve and Regular forces.

If you think about it, why does a Reserve Sqn spend hmm one ever three months with a cadet corp to bring them along, who them WHAT they actually do in their trade?

Cadets don;t need to be MORE HARD CORE, then need the guidance and time to appreciate what they are apart of. And when they are done, move onto the next level. Reserves, Regs, RMC what ever...

Cheers
DavidVan

Back