• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cadets- What Would You Change?

Catalyst, it's better to dig up an old thread than to start a brand new one. At least he searched for it.

Burrows said:
  If you are referring to the Pte and Cpl auto promotions

-_- I beg you pardon!  I earned my rank to corporal through a lot of hard work and showing my officers and NCO's that I deserve it

I was in cadets for 1 1/2 years and I quite because it was nothing like the army, I was in the Canadian grenadier  guards, and all that mattered was how your uniform looked, we never did any pt, most of the guys there couldn't run 1 k, we went to the shooting range twice and that was for biathlon  and we used 22. and we went out in the bush twice and that and the shooting range where the only things we did that where remotely military like. Everything else was marching and uniforms, and I know this has a lot to do with the army and I have no problem with that but pt and training are also big parts of the army. any ways I'm waiting for this summer to join the reserves.

madchicken said:
-_- I beg you pardon! I earned my rank to corporal through a lot of hard work and showing my officers and NCO's that I deserve it

Same here...calm down....The CATOs say that After Red you should be promoted to Cpl....But It doesnt work that sometimes.

Code:
If I could change one thing...it would be that our corps would ACTUALLY have weekend excercise's once month, and if possible more than just an overnighter oh and more funding for Cores by DND

Im cheating by saying 2, but what the heck
-Shawn

For people with good uniforms, you should be able to wear combats on Parade nights, except for CO's Parade and special activities.

- Shawn

Shawn Papke said:
Code:
If I could change one thing...it would be that our corps would ACTUALLY have weekend excercise's once month, and if possible more than just an overnighter oh and more funding for Cores by DND

Im cheating by saying 2, but what the heck
-Shawn
And who would pay for this?

Mabye once a year on parade night, dress will be combats here.
For our teams its civi, except for skill and arms.

You guys are all lucky, my squadron only gets recognized on remembrance day. We don't do anything except go gliding once a year. We've  just been granted the use of our towns range and all we get to fire are 22's.

I would just like to change the amount of extra activity's we do.

ARMYboi69 said:
Sergeant, Combats are forbidden to be on Parade unless there is physical training that will take place during ALL periods of the night. Skill & Arms, for example was allowed to wear them.

Got a CATO reference for this?

See if you can get access to your corps offline copies. Should be there. Liable to be more recent than the one online any way.

Might be updating it, might be different from region to region, so it's not online, could put them over their bandwidth... who knows?

I think that we should have more c7 shoots! But i have heard that cadets are only allowed to fire 15 rounds of 5.56 ammunition a year. i don't know if thats true. considering our corps recently fired 30 rounds each amongst a group of about 35.
I was wondering how much trigger time with the c7S do other corps get!

One thing I would bring back is red ranks.  Why did they get rid of them?  I personnaly thought they looked really cool!

its sad im with 909 in westbank b.c canada air cadet im a Cpl with alot of other badges got my promise for sgt for Christmas.. we only do monday nights and every parade thats all. i do cadets to keep me away from drugs and all that.. i love Cadets i want to be a CF-18 pilot when i grow up by then i hope we have more jets and stuff so its more easy to get a spot. i dunno what to do to get as doing more things? what should i try? thanks

Ranger, I'm not sure what you mean as 'getting things'.

How about trying to organize a drill team? First Aid team? You could practice before cadets/during break/possibly some other time.

FSgt_mandal said:
And who would pay for this?

Its a "if I could change one thing" forum, sure its not realistic, but thats what id like to see happen, even if it probably wont.
-Shawn

(Responding to the CATO regarding no Combats to be worn on parade nights)
I didnt know, thought it was ok cuz our RSM does it, except for CO's Parade and the like, and hes been doin it since i can remember.
Il be sure to look at the CATO's
Thanx
- Shawn

Sgt. Papke said:
Its a "if I could change one thing" forum, sure its not realistic, but thats what id like to see happen, even if it probably wont.
-Shawn

hmm, I guess so.

Back