• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CadetPat field uniform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servicepub

Inactive
Reaction score
From the Army Cadet League

NOTICE:
TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF CANCAV CADET CLOTHING

The Army Cadet League of Canada regrets to advise that the much-needed initiative to provide CanadianCadets with access to an affordable field dress uniform will be a temporarily suspended because of complications with the costs of customs and duty related to cross border delivery. Consequently the CANCAV web site will close until a Canadian supplier is identified.

While this is a disappointment, we expect that new arrangements will simplify the delivery system while maintaining the principles of affordability, availability and durability. The Army Cadet League of Canada are in negotiation with a clothing manufacturer based in Canada. This change is intended to remove cross border duties and brokerage fees and reduce delivery charges. Additionally, there will be some minor improvements to the clothing design; however, the previously adopted digital pattern, designated as "CADETPAT", will not change.

There is no doubt that Army Cadets require functional clothing when undergoing mandatory support activities such as field training exercises. Suitable civilian clothing is very acceptable for this purpose and cadets must not be required to purchase military style field clothing. The Army Cadet League initiative to provide the cadets with access to affordable uniform field dress is a good one. The initial obstacles will be quickly overcome and this option will be restored quickly.

I will notify all when details are available about the new supplier.

This is the proposed field uniform for cadets. It is a digitised cam but does not look like CadPat. I understand that it is for private purchase by individual cadets and will not be supplied by the Army Cadet League. No cadet will be forced to buy this - it is purely voluntary.

I wouldn't be surprised if in 4-8 years they will have the Cadetpat for issued clothing at camp.

This summer in Vernon they were trying it out on the Pioneer Platoon.

All I can say is EEEEWWW! its ODs for me.

Ill stick with my fronteac... We can wear them, and they look better then this cadetpat/marpat...

But non the less I still love OD's.. They are alot cooler (no, not looking :p) and they dry faster then cadpat

i dont understand why the Army Cadet League doesnt talk to the Canadian Forces about getting a hold of some now outdated ODs??? and shipping them to cadet units to issue to their cadets (or purchase if the cadet so desires)

I am sure it would be much cheaper and quicker then trying to find a civilian source and these border taxes and duty fees they would have to pay for each piece of MARPAT we get

If DND can get money for the ODs. They will take that option over most others.

the old site for CANCAV is gone...im pretty sure it was posted on their for a while...but the old site was

http://www.cancav.com

I agree. I would rather stick with my OD combats then get issued fake CADPAT combats at a CTC.
Regards,

hmm, I forgot to add my tupence on this lol. I wouldn't be for being issued this "CADETPAT" garbage. If I had to wear them, I'd probably sleep in my OD's to make up for it lol. ( I don't want my OD's to feel bad :p)

Ok I have officially felt the CadetPat material...anyone else think that making a field uniform out of jean is a stupid idea? absorbing and holding water?

yup.... I have a cadpat tunic made of the same garbage... trying to get a new one  :(

Ill try to get a link... wont be untill later today

Personaly ive seen this marpat stuff and i dont like it, why dont we just stick to the old combats (Pre Cadpat) The stuff they issue at camp now, and just sell us that at a cheaper price

I have actually seen and held this Cadet Marpat uniform. Its thick and feels like canvas or denim. I would just stick with the old stuff.

Try convincing the army cadet league that the old ODs are still sufficient for cadets.

i personally dont think that anyone in my corps will be wearing them any time soon, none of the officers like the new CadetPat stuff, and are fully willing to chip in some of their own money, and use some of what we raised to purchase some ODs from surplus stores, and whatnot

If so many of you are against it, I would suggest putting your reasons and arguments in writing. Send it up through the chain with a request for a concerted effort amongst the various Corps across the country. The higher ups, if they agree with you will pass your concerns to the League. Try to offer viable solutions to your complaints and maybe you can get the league to fund that instead. Use your energy to fight this properly, don't expend your energy whining and bitching. There are a number of CIC Officers in your Forum here that should be latching right onto your concerns and running with it. That's what they're for. Talk to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back