• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CadetPat field uniform

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chimo2803 said:
...Apparently, because Cadets don't have an official combat uniform...

Not to stir the pot too much here... but maybe the reason you don't have an official "Combat" Uniform is because as a cadet you will never see Combat.....

also a side note... When I worked for the Cadet QM in Connaught we Issued Every Cadet on Camp 2x OD Green Combat Tunics and Pants, as well as Mk III Combat Boots amongst other kit... The reason Cadets Do not get issued OD Greens or CadetPat, or so on, is because it is not an authorized Cadet Uniform... If and when a Cadet Left The camp, such as to go to National Defence Medical Center, they would change from the ODs into their issued Cadet Corps Uniform.

So why were they Issued if they are technically not an authorized uniform? My guess is a sense of uniformity, and also with the limits that were placed on the amount of Kit Cadets could bring it was done to limit the wear and tear on personal clothing.

if you're a reservist and a cadet are you allowed to wear the cadpat reserves issue you on cadet FTXs?

Cpl Thompson said:
is because it is not an authorized Cadet Uniform...
Combats are an authorized uniform for cadets undergoing training at a Cadet Summer Training Centre.  This is why OD combats are issued to Army Cadets at all Army CSTCs in Canada.

They are not an official uniform for Local Headquarters Training though.

This may have been an isolated incident, but this year our entire corps was issued ODs. I heard they had been sitting in a warehouse for about a year, they were brand new (or so they seem anyway) I am a little foggy on the details, but I think we got them for free, and we have lots left over.

Alrighty troops.....I'll wade into this mess....  ::)

I have been working with cadets since 1988 and was in myself (started in 83)

Here are the rules (the basic jist, no big words)

1. Cadets are NOT allowed to wear official CADPAT combat clothing. Doing so will get the MP's involved and siezure of said clothes, weather you bought them or not. They are not for sale.....period. Too bad if you think otherwise.

2. MARPAT and other lookalikes are allowed, by CO's descretion.

3. Wearing headress is allowed whilst in MARPAT and lookalikes.

4. When wearing MARPAT and lookalikes the only slip on AUTHORISED for cadets to wear is black with gold embroidery and the title CADET embroidered  at the bottom. If your CO allows anything else he/she is in violation of CATOS and DCDS Cadet regulations.

5. The purpose of having MARPAT and lookalikes availiable to cadets is for use in the field only. This stops cadets from using their civies in the field and getting them ruined.

That in a nut shell is the rules for CADPAT, MARPAT, and all the lookalikes.

I have had combat clothing seized in the past, and through investigations by the MPs found out that the combats were stolen from a soldier in Gagetown and purchased by a War Surplus dealer....who got charged for buying stolen items.

Beware of dealers and only trust the ones that are endorsed by the Cadet League.

Regards

ok i know this will sound really stupid but what does OD's  stand for are they the olve combats we have right know?

hopefully airborne soon said:
Papke, you are the only one that agrees with me about the orders for wearing the CPGear uniforms.   nice to see i am not the only one that heard that those were the rules.   i thought i was loosing it.

If I remember right, there was a post a while back, and they had to post the QO&R for proof. if someone could provide a link to the specific QO&R i think it would validate both of our opinions. but common sense wise, the Frontenacs are civilian clothing, you dont wear your Beret and epilates with your Civvies, do you?

- Shawn

C-17 Globemaster said:
if you're a reservist and a cadet are you allowed to wear the cadpat reserves issue you on cadet FTXs?
simple answer: No

extended version: You should not be enrolled as a member of the CF (whether reserve or Reg Force), and on strength with a cadet corps AS A CADET

in Pac Reg being a member of a Reserve unit, and as a Cadet is strictly not allowed...you are either one or the other...the only exception is if you are assisting with the cadet corps AS A RESERVIST

so its either 1 or the other

ouyin2000 said:
simple answer: No

extended version: You should not be enrolled as a member of the CF (whether reserve or Reg Force), and on strength with a cadet corps AS A CADET

in Pac Reg being a member of a Reserve unit, and as a Cadet is strictly not allowed...you are either one or the other...the only exception is if you are assisting with the cadet corps AS A RESERVIST

so its either 1 or the other

CATO 13-07 STATUS - Cadet / Member of the Primary Reserve
http://www.cadets.ca/_docs/cato-oaic/1307_b.pdf

So it is possible, I would still say CADPAT is a no go though, because your not on a reserve activity .... unless you get approval from your reserve unit and cadet unit COs.

That's actually false.  I am waiting to hear from CFRC about a employment opportunity with the PRes and I am allowed to be in Cadets and the Reserves.

Reserve unit COs usually allow cadets being a Reserve member as well...but most (if not all) cadet unit COs say No

Ya, so Pac Region allows it but COs discourage it, but if you look at it the Aff. Unit appreciates new recruits and it looks good on the Cadet Corp.

im sure it does look good....but just remember that both COs must be in agreement for it to happen

Why would you want to still be in cadets while your a reservist? It'd just seem so lame, thats just my personal opinion though, you may have your reasons for doing that and I dont have a problem with that.:)

i'm not done my cadet career yet. i rather much stay in the cadets but reserves get me an income and plus its something i enjoy doing. also, i've got some really good friends in cadets that i rather not ditch because i want to join the reserves. plus my cadet corps has a number of NCOs aging out this year so i rather not ditch the corps....anyways, isn't this suppose to be a thread about cadetpat?

Papke said:
If I remember right, there was a post a while back, and they had to post the QO&R for proof. if someone could provide a link to the specific QO&R i think it would validate both of our opinions. but common sense wise, the Frontenacs are civilian clothing, you dont wear your Beret and epilates with your Civvies, do you?

- Shawn

Cadets are allowed to wear headdress with "Combat Clothing", while under going Environmental Training.  Again this is to prevent wear and tear on civie clothing.  As long as the combat clothing has an prominent identifier on it indicating the pers is a cadet.

Also the "Bible" you speak of is The QR&Os (vols 1-5)

George Wallace said:
Thank you Franko

....now will that advice fall on deaf ears?

GW

Obviously it has George.....    ::)

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back