• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

CadetPat field uniform

Status
Not open for further replies.
  I have a pair of the new Cadet CADPAT uniform not the one you can buy through the league but they are almost the same.  The ones I have are made out of the same material as real CADPAT (same colour too), they are warmer, stronger, and they aren't field lingere.  I love them and I've used them on a couple FTXs and haven't had any problems with them yet.

I dunno, I definently agree with recceguy.   I think we should pition (Is that spelled right?) to have the league fund ODs, seriously I would much rather wear my ODs over a CADPAT uniform.   In my corps only the officers wear CADPAT, so I would say thats what seperates the cadets from the officers.   Also, one of my Warrants told me that we are no longer able to wear CADPAT.   Apprently it's not just some crappy rumour either, because my training officer was talking about it.

madchicken said:
I dunno, I definently agree with recceguy.   I think we should pition (Is that spelled right?) to have the league fund ODs, seriously I would much rather wear my ODs over a CADPAT uniform.   In my corps only the officers wear CADPAT, so I would say thats what seperates the cadets from the officers.   Also, one of my Warrants told me that we are no longer able to wear CADPAT.   Apprently it's not just some crappy rumour either, because my training officer was talking about it.

Cadets were never allowed to wear "REAL" CADPAT. However if you purchased Frontenac or the Army Cadet pattern and already have it then you may wear it.
Regards,

Yeah, a new recruit in my corps wore some kind of hunter cadpat on an FTX we had last weekend and he was allowed to wear it.  But I still think the OD is better.

The whole point of "Field Lingerie" is to be able to dry quickly...I know I dont want to spend 3 days in the field in wet combats.

see through as in over used, not deliberate. Just thought I'd clear that up.

Yeah, I agree, OD is pretty decent, though I have nothing to compare it to. As for wanting or liking combat lingerie, I've both seen it and used it. So unless you want everyone around to know what colour boxers you're wearing. don't wish you had it. That being said, i hope I get my CADPAT before summer training, don't want to be like the only guy at the mega still wearing solid green.

When your combat pants get that worn out, you should replace it, or if your an exibistionist, let people see what colour boxers, your wearing.

- Shawn

Posted by: "The Crowe": Ill stick with my fronteac... We can wear them, and they look better then this cadetpat/marpat...

But non the less I still love OD's.. They are alot cooler (no, not looking ) and they dry faster then cadpat

What are you talking about ! The CADPAT is made out with the same type of material as the OD : 50% Nylon 50% Coton.

CADPAT are better for soldiers ... For cadets its better with OD.

soldiers301, The Crowe probably means OD dry faster than cadetpat not cadpat.

As for the comment about OD being better for cadets, where's my CADPAT? lol. I'm still stuck with the old green stuff. Not like it matters though, I should have my CADPAT by the end of the week. At least some of my CADPAT. lol

What does this "cadetPat" look like?  I'm in cadets...but I have CADPATs *cough*, is there a rule against that?:p

hmm, I don't know about that anymore. My CO started telling me cadets are now authorized to wear CADPAT if they can acquire it. I was curious if he meant the Frontys, but he said that we are authorized to wear the real stuff  ??? ??? ??? ??? (don't worry, I wouldnt be cought dead in Frontys let a lone the real stuff)

I bought a pair of Frontenacs, but because the marketed them as real CADPAT. I am however in the process of having a pair made for me using an example of real CADPATs, and some genuine material. I am planning on having a few pairs made, or eventually having enough pairs made to sell that at a VERY low price to the cadets at my corp. The only reason I would actually charge anything would be to cover the price of the material, and the people making them. I just want to make my corp look good, but I wouldnt hold my breath, because most people don't even have ODs in my corp, and last time I checked, our supply room still had the 70s style CFs.

as far as wearing the fakepat (wannabe Cadpat sold at Wheelers) your not alout to wear your Beret or epilates with them

Papke, you are the only one that agrees with me about the orders for wearing the CPGear uniforms.  nice to see i am not the only one that heard that those were the rules.  i thought i was loosing it.

Yes, I do realize the regs on wearing fake cadpat uniforms, although I would still like to know whether or not I can aqquire some real ones.

if you get your hands on some, you still are not allowed to wear them as a cadet unfortunatly

I've been told by all of my officers, and my CO that I will be able to wear them, If I can aquire them. Apparently, because Cadets dont have an official combat uniform, we are eligible to wear anything. Hell...I've seen some Cadets in brit-cams, or BDUs. Mind you, they have enough respect to not wear their beret with them on...but apparently, my officers say that I can wear them...with my headdress...as long as I have my epiletes on, and that it clearly states Cadet, instead of Canada on the flash. I am in the process of having wheelersonline make me some CADPAT epiletes with CADET on them instead of CANADA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back