• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Cadet FA/ Medical stuff..........

CADETS: Would you take a 6 week Wilderness Emergency Care Course?

• Naw - not interested

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
There are a few things up in the air about the CRC and the Fire Dept in the CF - I won't get into it on open mike, but can talk off line.    The one thing I've noticed in the industry, especially as an ex-provider on the outside looking in, there's an awful lot of bashing of one organization over another.Funnily enough, I have problems with both organizations, very different problems.  I'm a member of the Order of St John, done alot of work with and for them in the past.  They have some strange ideas about training, yes, but their heart's in the right place.  The CRC, well, I have alot of issues about how they do business - their heart isn't where people think it is.  Both have decent packages if presented by experienced instructors, and by that I mean people that have done the job, not just taken the courses.  What they have are different recipes for the same cookie.  Alot of the reason that CRC is "the reccognized standard" is simply they sold their product better - SJA was always considered the national standard for first aid provision, and in fact, in many provinces, are still what any other provider has to measure up to or exceed in order to get provincial recognition.  We can talk off line like I said about why the CRC are teaching the DND Fire Service if you like.

MM   

medicineman said:
There are a few things up in the air about the CRC and the Fire Dept in the CF - I won't get into it on open mike, but can talk off line.    The one thing I've noticed in the industry, especially as an ex-provider on the outside looking in, there's an awful lot of bashing of one organization over another.Funnily enough, I have problems with both organizations, very different problems.  I'm a member of the Order of St John, done alot of work with and for them in the past.  They have some strange ideas about training, yes, but their heart's in the right place.  The CRC, well, I have alot of issues about how they do business - their heart isn't where people think it is.  Both have decent packages if presented by experienced instructors, and by that I mean people that have done the job, not just taken the courses.  What they have are different recipes for the same cookie.  Alot of the reason that CRC is "the reccognized standard" is simply they sold their product better - SJA was always considered the national standard for first aid provision, and in fact, in many provinces, are still what any other provider has to measure up to or exceed in order to get provincial recognition.  We can talk off line like I said about why the CRC are teaching the DND Fire Service if you like.

MM 

MM its good to hear from you. We've chatted about this before several times over... uh... one type of brew or another. I've been to both sides of the house, and like the CRC better. Maybe it's just my experience. But for sure, shoot me a PM :).

Back