• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

C9 gunner needs rig!!!!!!!

Roger that, I hate to see guys get burned for hard earned cash by crappy kit make by some clown in his garage, all too common around Pet these days.

MG34

I think there is still some good stuff to be gotten here but there is an awful lot of guys who have jumped on the bandwagon and are making alot of crap...vests out of cotten material etc....I for one am not above pointing the troops to other sources if need be...There is some excellent vests out there...some of the ancillary gear, pouches etc I think are overpriced by some companies and I don't like to see some of the prices paid...I actually had a guy bring me a back pack made by a Mat Tech and he used velcro with the adhesive and didn't sew it...got a good laugh out of that...

To be truthful I don't do alot of work for the military guys but will help them out if they want.

Like I said before use the expertise here in Petawawa for their combat experience and definately shop around

Yes the cotton vest with "Molle" loops soclose you cannot fit a pouch...I see you are familiar with some of the quality kit in the area. :)

Buds, not a mod and if I am out of line I apologize, but you are way out of your lane. A guy is asking about a piece of kit he is going to use on deployment in Afghanistan. The experience you have with this kit in cadets is not comparable to a persons needs using the rig in combat, I'm sorry but the two don't jive. To be honest it bothers me when this sort of thing happens. A guy is trying to get advice on spending his hard earned money on a rig that he is going to depend on, and inexperienced "users" respond with recommendations leading people astray.

I strongly dislike dropzone kit. It is overpriced and under built IMHO. Brian Kroon, the owner, has continually demonstrated that he is not all that concerned with listening to the end user and does not place a priority on the Canadian market. None of the rigs that Dropzone makes is particularly suited to carrying the load of an MG gunner. As stated earlier I would go with the MOFOCR, and baring that a simple MAV/ICE tactical 2 piece chest rig, but the MOFOCR is definitely the gold standard in MG rigs as far as I a concerned.

DITTO - Brian invited me twice to his shop to discuss some gear and both times left prior the arranged meeting time... Roll Eyes
  IMHO he should stick to making coats.

I agree totally that they are over priced. There is a couple of guys in my platoon that have pouches and the tac vest after looking at the pouches and vest and finding out the price I just shook my head.Way over priced for example the C9 pouch from Dropzone is $47.99, if it's Cadpat TW or Arid it's $54.99.Not a very sturdy pouch pretty floppy I bought a TT saw pouch which has a plastic insert that is stiff so you can easily put a drum in and out for $30 from Dave's.I haven't really played with the MOFOCR from CP gear so I can't comment on it .So far I'd stay with gear made in the U.S. Sorry but I think Canadian gear needs more tweaking.Start listening to the soldier!

Unfortunatley certain companies to remain unamed will not listen with out alot of gripping and state if they do produce a pouch that is similar to another one that thye are copying them. Even though it is a proven design etc........ it can be really frustrating at times and I consider the owner a friend ARGHHHHHH
R711 OUT

Back