• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

C7 with M-203 grenade launcher

No, they don't just hand stuff out to people and let them figure it out from there.

You will be trained in this weapon during your BIQ and subsequent yearly/monthly/weekly training, as the case may be.

The CF is usually pretty good when it comes to making sure the soldiers know how to use the gear properly. You will be issued a 203 if you are assigned that particular task within your Section. Each soldier in a section is a potential 203 gunner.

So there isn't just a few people that get that weapon all the time (tours, exercises)?

Like the LMG (C-9), you may or may not be assigned the weapon system as a rifleman in an Infantry section.

There is no special requirement to be a grenadier.

Is it just me, or is the accuracy on the M-203 not so great. 
When I was trained on it, I couldn't hit any of the targets I was aiming for, didn't get close.

I was wondering if it was me? Or is the launcher not very accurate.

Just curious :cdn:

Might be you, when I did my training 2+yrs ago I was hitting targets beyond the max. range of the weapon.

I found the accuracy to be outstanding.  It took about 25 - 30 rounds of practice to get a feel for the weapon, but after that I could hit whatever I wanted.

It really depends on the level of training of the guy using it.  I can remember using it for the first time and sucking horribly for the first few rounds but after a while you get use to the weapon and know instinctively where to aim to hit.  Of course the problem lies in that we usually only get enough ammo for the thing during predeployment training.

The sight system we have is not the greatest either.

True, but once you get some TI in on the weapon firing accurately becomes second nature.

Thankfully I have switch on soldiers in section to carry my slack.... :p

I found the accuracy to be quite good, actually. I could hit all of the targets on the Meaford range that I was presented with, with almost no trouble.

Diemaco should make an M203 sight just like the Americans(atop of upper hanguard) or compasate the scope for proper aiming

One of my buddies whos a bit older and is a V tech said that a grenade launcher would be used ONLY as a last resort... i didnt really think this was true... but he had a few years on me so i figured he must have been right...

What exactly is the 203 good for? As in what types of ammo does it use, and whats its primary use?

Just interested :p

Hunter911 said:
One of my buddies whos a bit older and is a V tech said that a grenade launcher would be used ONLY as a last resort... i didnt really think this was true... but he had a few years on me so i figured he must have been right...

What exactly is the 203 good for? As in what types of ammo does it use, and whats its primary use?

Just interested :p

Firstly your Veh Tech 'pal' doesnt have a clue ( I am RAEME so I can say that) A last resort ( I would NOT want to be on the recieving end), thats a good one ;D.

Now as for ammo, there is many types, firstly is the HEDP (High Explosive Dual Purpose), which is good for everything you want to destroy, and even this nature can penetrate some light armour. Its good for bunker busting too, house clearing, etc.

Then there is illum, in various colours, plus CS, and of course PRAC, which gives a distinct puff of smoke upon impact. Ther eis also other types of ammo for it too.  

I have fired the M203 under the M16A1, the M203PI under the Austeyr, and the M79 'wombat' gun as its known here.

As for accuracy, well the launcher is fine, and if there is a problem, its the user. Sorry, but it is. As for sights there is a variety of them.

Cheers,

Wes

EDITed for spelling

Thanks...

"Firstly your Veh Tech 'pal' doesnt have a clue ( I am RAEME so I can say that) A last resort ( I would NOT want to be on the recieving end), thats a good one ."

Thats kinda what i was thinking when he told me that... i was gonna say... i dont see how you can really use a grenade launcher as a "last resort"

Hunter911 said:
Thanks...

"Firstly your Veh Tech 'pal' doesnt have a clue ( I am RAEME so I can say that) A last resort ( I would NOT want to be on the recieving end), thats a good one ."

Thats kinda what i was thinking when he told me that... i was gonna say... i dont see how you can really use a grenade launcher as a "last resort"
Depending on what was happening, I'd be using it as a first resort. Its very effective on the business end.

Cheers and beers,

Wes

Back