• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

C-7 and firing of blanks

During trg, its BFAs no exceptions! No tampering of any blakns is allowed either.

As for volleys, no BFA, and there is even proper drill movements etc (for ejecting and loading).

Regards,

Wes

That is what I mean MJP, we were at least 500 meters away.. because the candidates were so used to hearing the blanks from the C-7 with the BFA on, so we were told to do this to give a different sound, which put them on their toes. As we advance, we would put our BFA‘s back on

Don‘t you mean "Who Dares, Wins" or "Who Cares Who Wins"?

Nope my motto is ‘Who Dares Grins‘. Dunno about the other bloke. Hey WTF is L/MCPL? Some kind of regt‘al rank?

Every yr my regt has a ‘Who Dares Grins‘ award, which is usually presnted to someone who does something unique in one of our pub crawls.

We often do a recce on Kings Cross, Sydney‘s red light district, and its very bent to say the least. As liberal almost as Amsterdam, but I wont go futher on here.

On some occasions when the US Navy is in port, one see‘s the NSWPS, the RAN Police and the USN SP walking in threes to keep the lads at bay. Billy clubs and all of the fun stuff too.

Paddy wagons, sirens, sailors running out of control, almost like something off a movie. The the fights between Army and Navy etc. Some things never change.

Cheers,

Wes

For RNBR CPL -

Mate removing BFAs in trg for a different signature is foolhardy, and alls it takes is one PTE who is all hyped up, to attach it loosely or incorrectly, and then when he comes into range to start shooting again, the BFA flys off, striking someone in the face or chest. I have seen BFAs from the ole C1 and C7 fly off, up to ranges of 20-30m and with a fair bit of grunt behind them.

I have also seen our BFAs come off our F88 IWs too, and they screw on! Our C9 and C6 have BFBs (Blank firing Bbls) which are dedicated for blank use only, utilising BFNs (Blank Firing Nuts).

If memory serves me corrctly its a 7 metre danger radius for the ADF when using SAA blanks.

If you want a different signature make arrangements well in advance to draw EN wpns such as AKs if you can (we have em here). If not C9s and C6s have a different bark than the C7‘s.

If all else fails stay with what you have. It is a military offence to tamper with BFAs and blanks.

Use T-flashes, smk and CS grenades, and maybe arty sims to add some realism and panic for them. The CS and smk mixes, and really suprises em (hehe)!

Whoever was incharge of the EN attack should have been properly de-briefed for his short comings on the removal of BFAs, and informed on the subject matter no matter how harmless the event may have seemed.

Cheers and beers,

Wes

Hey, i was talking to a CPL. of mine, and he told me a story about blanks, this doesnt really have ne thing to do with the range, but its an interesting story, a group of soldiers went to Virginia, to doa FIBUA exercise, and while they were training they used blanks with BFA‘s, well somehow, the americans didnt check the ammo right, or the soldier firing, because a live round got mixed with the blanks, firing off with the bfa sent shrapnel into one soldiers face and arms, and anothers arms...it was quite the story, so i guess this is more of just a reminder to check your ammo wether it be blanks, dummy, live, w/e...better safe, then have shrapnel in your face eh?

"Live ammo" just does NOT get "mixed" with blanks - the two don‘t look anything alike, not even in the dark.

Just as there are no such thing as accidental shootings, the situation you described clearly involved someone‘s wilful negligence or outright dangerous actions.

That sounds like a story meant to scare troops straight and have them use extra caution when out in the field blatting off rounds.

In a CF training area, I can‘t even think of a good reason for live ammunition to be present in any area that isn‘t an actual range - eg, your biv area, or a FIBUA site. Someone would have to bring their own, or remove it from another range, and that would be a clear violation of QR&O‘s.

Meanwhile in Australia......

A while back at an ADI ammo facility, 5.56mm ball and blank were somehow mixed, and a few rds of ball was somehow placed lots of bagged blank.

Our 5.56mm blanks come in plastic bags loose of 200rds.

So there was an incident where a ball rd was fired from a Minimi with a BFB on. Lucky no one was hurt. Our 5.56mmblanks are NOT like the Cdn or US ones, but like the UK type, and in looks similar to the IVI 7.62mm style. The incident happened at night, where it from a sealed bag.

So current Army policy is a NCO must inspect the blanks issued to his section, prior to them being loaded.

The whole thing has caused a big giant logistical nightmare.

So it can happen.

Cheers,

Wes

Back