• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

C-13... when will they go?

Maybe the CF should send all the duds back to the factory.....  drop them off on the CEO's desk  :dontpanic:

Wow, sounds like a piece of...well you get the point.  I was just throwing m-67's, or what I was told was an m-67, in Meaford.  There were 2 duds on the platoon in front of us and 1 dud in ours.  Makes for a long day, but if those were a c-13 they're junk.

I helped run a granade range recently using the C-13's.  our task was to put through roughly 150 soldiers, throwing 2 granades each.  our first dud occured after a mere 50 (more or less) granades.  we had to shut down the range and, due to lack of QL5 qualified medics, the engeneer was not allowed to blow the granade.  This resulted in the range being shut down, and everyone being sent home.  The following weekend, a different unit was assigned to run the granade range while my unit was supposed to take part in the training.  They had a dud within the first 45 minutes.  Once again, the training was canceled and everyone sent home.  Since the brigade had only allocated those two weekends to re-qualify everyone on the granades, we now have less than half of our personnel "qualified".  The thing that worries me most about all this is that I've seen no sign that anyone plans to do anything about it.  What message do the troops get out of all this?  Either nobody gives a sh**t about soldiers going through proper MLOCK training every year, or nobody's willing to speak out about the state of our equipment munitions.

Well, I can't speak for the manufactuing of munitions, but I can tell you about the automotive industry..  My company makes metal stampings, mostly for the airbag industry. In the automotive industry, "duds" are measured in PPMs - parts per million. Our customers, and indeed, theirs (the OEMs) want/expect a PPM of ZERO. In reality, a company is doing extremely well, if their PPMs are in the single digits (as ours generally are). "Bad parts" can be the result of dimensional issues, finish issues (i.e rust, plating, powdercoating, etc.), slug marks, scratches, bent, etc. etc. Usually, a bad part results in the entire lot (or lots) coming back, and 100 0r 200% hand-sorted, again. At our expense..

Now, I realize that to a degree, I am comparing apples and oranges, but one would think that similar, quality-related stipulations would be on hand grenades, or other munitions!!

???

During my SQ this past summer we had a 2 dud's out of the 2 platoons that were there, and I believe we were using the C-13's.. I could be mistaken however.

We had the first dud about 15-20 minutes after commencing the training.

Hi Folks..
During the month of October we had three units from this brigade go to the grenade range. The first two had 5 duds each and the third unit had two. I have never heard of anything like this in my 34+ years. Way back when we used #36 grenades and had to prime the things we didn't have a failuer rate like that.

pappy said:
Maybe the CF should send all the duds back to the factory.....   drop them off on the CEO's desk    :dontpanic:

With or without the pins in them? ;D

Back