• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Buying a new pistol- looking for feedback

Looking for feedback on my next pistol purchase

• Seraphim Armoury Archangel 1911 chambered in .45

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Seraphim Armoury Archangel 1911 chambered in 9mm

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Steyr L-A1 Pistol chambered in 9mm

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Steyr M40-A1 chambered in .40 cal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Glock 17 chambered in 9mm

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Glock 19 chambered in 9mm

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • HK P30L chambered in 9mm

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters
I own an FN P99 in .40, a P 226, Glock 21, and a Colt M1911. If I had to choose one, P 226 all the way. Of your list, I would go with the H&K. The ergonomics remind me of the P99. I would go with .40, but obviously 9mm is the way to go for economical shooting.

This may be a dumb question as I've never tried to purchase a pistol in Canada, but is there nowhere to go to test-shoot your shortlist? As my immediate thought was to pick the one you shoot most accurately....

Good advice to buy a pistol that fits your hand and if you can go to a rental range, try out a few different pistol. the uber super slick pistol used by X SF is no good to you, if it does not fit your hand. Also Sig 226 and the Glock 17 can be fitted with a .22cal slide, that allows you to shoot the snot out of your pistol and not your wallet.

This may be a dumb question as I've never tried to purchase a pistol in Canada, but is there nowhere to go to test-shoot your shortlist? As my immediate thought was to pick the one you shoot most accurately....
There are pistol ranges that allow non-members to shoot rental guns in Edmonton, Calgary and Montreal. Or you can hit a rental range the next time you’re on vacation in Vegas or Florida.

Generally speaking for most of Canada there isn't and usually test shooting comes down to if you know someone with that particular gun and they are willing to let you try handling it.

Hi, I have never had Colt 1911 but I had different Glock pistols and I was very happy with them smile6.png

Back