• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Buying a house on posting to 2CFFTS

M

maniac779

Did anyone here buy, or knows someone who bought a house when they got posted to 2CFFTS rather than lived in the shacks/PMQ/etc.?

If so, how did it work out for you/them?

I realize the advantages of living in the shacks with the rest of the course (camaraderie, mutual support, etc.), but I can afford a place and paying rent is getting less and less appealing.

Also, from what I understand, its all attached postings up until you get you get your wings, so I should be able to keep the place for a while.

If anyone has got some insight, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

I bought a house in Moose Jaw after I finished the course. I finished the course last may and knew that I would have a long time to wait before heading to Portage so I bought a house with some "business" partners. We bought it before the housing market exploded so it turned out to be a good thing. You can buy a house before starting course though, I know of at least 2 different students who bought a house with their girlfriends/wives and it didn't affect their course at all.
You'll be able to keep the house for awhile because you will either be staying in Moose Jaw for Jets or waiting and then going to Portage on TD for Multi/Helo. So it would be a good idea (at least financially) to buy a house in Moose Jaw.

If you want to live off base you must have the permission of the school Commandant - this applies mainly to those of the single persuasion.  The caveat being that if you marks drop or your flying suffers, the Commandant can order you back into shacks.

Back