• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Buy a car, get a free gun

MedTechStudent

Sr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Walmart took that calibre (9mm I recall) off the shelves after Columbine I beleive.  Also, the point that movie was trying to make was not as much the fact that they were selling the ammo.  It was how damn cheap it was. 

PS. Welcome to army.ca! 

Cheers, Kyle
 

Kat Stevens

Army.ca Fixture
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
373
Points
910
Well shucks and galldurnit , I didn't realize the sophisticated urbane intelligentsia were watching....garsh, we're awful lucky to have ya.
 

MedTechStudent

Sr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Kat Stevens said:
Well shucks and galldurnit , I didn't realize the sophisticated urbane intelligentsia were watching....garsh, we're awful lucky to have ya.

I was just clarifying one little thing.  No need to be bitter.

Oh and by the way, I lived in Red Deer half my life, I shoot guns, drink beer, and drive a truck.  I'm not putting down guns, or trying to sound smart.  Just reciting from a documentary.

Cheers, a fellow "Redneck"  ;)

I thought that was directed at me grmpz1  :p
 

S.Stewart

Jr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
MedTechStudent said:
I was just clarifying one little thing.  No need to be bitter.

Oh and by the way, I lived in Red Deer half my life, I shoot guns, drink beer, and drive a truck.  I'm not putting down guns, or trying to sound smart.  Just reciting from a documentary.

Cheers, a fellow "Redneck"  ;)

I thought that was directed at me grmpz1  :p

I've been to Red Deer...that explains oh so much.. ;)
 

ENGINEERS WIFE

Full Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Compact gun or compact car?

Don't go too small, you want to be able gun home in your new car. 
Unless maybe it's mounted and then that's a whole other thread ;D
 

MedTechStudent

Sr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
ENGINEERS WIFE said:
Compact gun or compact car?

Don't go too small, you want to be able gun home in your new car. 
Unless maybe it's mounted and then that's a whole other thread ;D

No its OK I'm getting the "redneck package" on my compact car complete with 4 gun racks, a cow catcher bumper, retractable cattle prod antenna, and of course the General Lee paint job and rooftop flag.   ;D 
 

ENGINEERS WIFE

Full Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Don't forget to take your other gun out of your holster and remove knife from belt, so, when you slide across the hood you don't leave any scratches.  Cuz that would just be wrong ;D
 

MedTechStudent

Sr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I know your just trying to help, but your aggressive suggestions conflict with my constitutional right to bear arm on what ever side of my huge buckled horse collage belt that I damn well please.  ;D

Scratch the paint you say?.... Hmmm, I'l give it some thought.
 

Richie

Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Kat Stevens said:

Originally, the term came from the later 1800's in southern Georgia and Alabama to refer to sharecroppers who worked in the fields thus getting a sunburned neck. They were called 'rednecks' as a term meant for hard working people. Today, the term is used by comedians and commentators to refer to people who are uneducated, close-minded and racist individuals.

And as such is itself a racist slur on white people. I lived in NC for two years and people down there would be considered "rednecks" as the term is used today; they were also some of the nicest people I've had the pleasure to meet. Yes, they owned guns, in some cases I knew, many guns. They also had a respect for firearms that seems lacking here in Toronto.

I was out in the sun today so I guess I'm a redneck from Toronto!  8)
 

MedTechStudent

Sr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Richie said:
I was out in the sun today so I guess I'm a redneck from Toronto!  8)

Ya I got pretty "rednecked" here in Peterborough today as well.  Beautiful day though so no complaints.  ;D
 

TCBF

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
0
S.Stewart said:
I've been to Red Deer...that explains oh so much.. ;)

- I was in Red Deer this morning.  Their gun store was closed. There was another big Bud Haynes gun auction there yesterday (some of it Jim Hinter's collection, I think), but I decided to attend the Gun Show in the Edmonton Aviation Museum (turn right at the BOMARC) today instead.
 

Celticgirl

Sr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
0
MedTechStudent said:
No its OK I'm getting the "redneck package" on my compact car complete with 4 gun racks, a cow catcher bumper, retractable cattle prod antenna, and of course the General Lee paint job and rooftop flag.   ;D 
:rofl:
 

NL_engineer

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
410
grmpz1 said:
speaking of guns i was watching bowling for columbine and michael moore and his crew were talking about how walmart in the states sells bullets or used to sell bullets

Well they still do in some stores, in places like Virgina  ;D

Edited to add

MedTechStudent said:
I know your just trying to help, but your aggressive suggestions conflict with my constitutional right to bear arm on what ever side of my huge buckled horse collage belt that I damn well please.  ;D

you must be joking, otherwise have a nice read of the Canadian gun laws
 

TCBF

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
0
grmpz1 said:
speaking of guns i was watching bowling for columbine and michael moore and his crew were talking about how walmart in the states sells bullets or used to sell bullets

- If - by 'bullets' - you mean 'cartridges' and 'shotshells', you don't have to go to a WalMart in the USA for that - WalMarts in Canada sell sporting ammunition as well.  So does Canadian Tire.  Eaton's and CANEX used to.
 
Top