• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Burnaby Mountain Cowardice

TCBF

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
360
Can anyone identify the masked puke who called a female RCMP officer a "f*cken coward".
I think he needs to be famous.
Watch the clip on Sun News TV.

 

Tibbson

Sr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
210
If every "puke" who called a cop a  "f*cken coward" (or worse) was identified online there wouldn't be enough room left on the internet for porn.
 

TCBF

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
360
- Sure there would be, but we might have to delete all of the cat gifs.
- The only person on that mountain who is going to leave with any self respect is the journalist Ada Slivinski and her crew.
 

brihard

Army.ca Fixture
Mentor
Reaction score
5,239
Points
1,110
TCBF said:
Can anyone identify the masked puke who called a female RCMP officer a "f*cken coward".
I think he needs to be famous.
Watch the clip on Sun News TV.

Why give a rat's ass? It's just another person lipping off to a police officer. Happens thousands of times a day. There's better stuff to worry about.
 

TCBF

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
360
Except that these are environmental professional protesters getting paid to be there illegaly camping on the moitain and interfereing with lawful commerce. It is more than just flipping off a cop.
 

Tibbson

Sr. Member
Reaction score
0
Points
210
TCBF said:
Except that these are environmental professional protesters getting paid to be there illegaly camping on the moitain and interfereing with lawful commerce. It is more than just flipping off a cop.

There are really very few amateur protesters left any more it seems.  Just look how many travelled for miles just to get to Ferguson.  Or all the ones who flew into Toronto for the G20 or the ones who turned out for all of the the copy cat 'Occupy "Insert Town Here"" protests.  Many just turn out for the pleasure of the protest without really even understanding why or what they are protesting.  Last summer I saw 40 or so PETA people turn out to protest a local circus.  Imagine their embarrassment when they found out they had been protesting against animals in the circus....in front of a circus with no animals.  You never saw protest signs packed up faster in your life and they got downright snarky when the press tried to interview them on their mistake. 
 

The_Falcon

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
410
Sheep Dog AT said:
So do they get paid?

Not that they would ever admit it, but I for one would gladly support the notion of the CRA heavily auditing each and every "environmental/activist" charity/group in the country to see precisely where the funds are coming from, and where they are going.
 

Lightguns

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
360
TCBF said:
- Sure there would be, but we might have to delete all of the cat gifs.
- The only person on that mountain who is going to leave with any self respect is the journalist Ada Slivinski and her crew.

According to her twitter, she is no longer allowed on the mountain.  The RCMP rescued her and the cameraman from 3 gentlemen who intended to beat and rape her infront of her own camera.  Good to see they are protesting violence against women at the same time.  No charges laid but more firewood will be delivered.  :sarcasm:  The BC courts also throughout all contempt charges against the main protesters allowing them to return to the site and disallowed the companies request to extend the exclusion zone.  This is becoming an economic version of UN in FYR, both hands tied behind our backs.  The nation is not winning the economic battle, the anti-economic groups are far better funded, less constrained by law, and have more manpower. 
 

The Bread Guy

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
2,388
Points
1,260
Sheep Dog AT said:
So do they get paid?
If they're not collecting a salary, per se, it would be interesting to see who pays for their travel, lodging, food and supplies.
 

Colin Parkinson

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
3,899
Points
1,160
Lightguns said:
According to her twitter, she is no longer allowed on the mountain.  The RCMP rescued her and the cameraman from 3 gentlemen who intended to beat and rape her infront of her own camera.  Good to see they are protesting violence against women at the same time.  No charges laid but more firewood will be delivered.  :sarcasm:  The BC courts also throughout all contempt charges against the main protesters allowing them to return to the site and disallowed the companies request to extend the exclusion zone.  This is becoming an economic version of UN in FYR, both hands tied behind our backs.  The nation is not winning the economic battle, the anti-economic groups are far better funded, less constrained by law, and have more manpower.

From what I understand is the courts set a area off for protesting and an area for the company to work in. The RCMP apparently misunderstood what the boundaries were and then arrested some of the people for violating a court order when they were not. While a review might let them correctly lay charges again against some of them, they have tainted those arrests and made any sort of conviction difficult. Yes there are professional protesters out there doing their thing, but there is a significant local opposition regardless.
 

George Wallace

Army.ca Dinosaur
Reaction score
4
Points
430
Just love the logic of these people.  Let us not build a pipeline that is much safer for transporting oil and gas than the vulnerable and inefficient current process of moving it all by rail and pray that we do not have another case like Lac Megantic or a rail derailment the Frasier River? 

As for where the money is coming from to finance these protests, it has been traced back to wealthy American sources. 

http://www.albertaoilmagazine.com/2014/07/vivian-krause-great-green-trade-barrier/

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/kathryn-marshall/anti-oil-sands-funding_b_1121071.html

http://opinion.financialpost.com/2010/10/14/u-s-foundations-against-the-oil-sands/

http://moneytrail.ca/moneytrail1.html

http://moneytrail.ca/moneytrail2.html

 

The_Falcon

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
410
Sheep Dog AT said:
I'm not sure there is a consensus that a pipeline is safer though.

Well they definately not safe, when so-called enivronmentalists threaten to damage the things, because yeah that makes sense.

Perhaps the Conservatives (should they beat JT) can introduce legislation that prohibits foreign donations to Canadian "charities".
 
J

jollyjacktar

Guest
I think that it is an argueable point that they are safer than rail travel and most definitely more efficient and effective.  There will be of course those on both sides of debate who will not be swayed regardless of whatever evidence that might be presented to the contrary.  So, with that in mind, SDAT, you're correct by default that there will never be a consensus one way or the other.
 

Colin Parkinson

Army.ca Legend
Reaction score
3,899
Points
1,160
Well people do have some rightful concerns

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/major-oil-spill-at-kinder-morgan-b-c-facility-1.396578

2009- A major oil spill at a Kinder Morgan terminal in Burnaby, B.C., has now been contained.

Fire and hazmat teams were called to the Burnaby Mountain facility after a contractor discovered a leak of almost 200,000 litres of crude oil seeping from one of the tanks around 10 p.m. Wednesday.

Read more: http://bc.ctvnews.ca/major-oil-spill-at-kinder-morgan-b-c-facility-1.396578#ixzz3KNn71B9n


2007 spill
http://www.burnaby.ca/Assets/TMEP/Panels+24-15.pdf

2nd narrows bridge which has been hit before
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Narrows_Bridge



 

PuckChaser

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Mentor
Reaction score
1,765
Points
1,060
These people aren't protesting due to safety. We could have a pipeline built in a sealed tub surrounded by concrete with trees planted on it, and they'd oppose it because its oil.

The chick mentioning something bad happening to Sun's "materialistic" camera would probably be in tears if she couldn't blog about how's she's sticking it to "the man" if her iPhone was destroyed.
 
Top