• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bullet Flight 1.0.0 - Sniper App for your iPhone

So its like a range card and a mildot master all in one.

Interesting, seems to me like this app is a little overpriced all things considered, since "ballistics" is available at under 5$ as well as iSnipe. Best thing about Ballistics (have first hand experience with it) is that you pick your bullet (and i mean bullet, not cartridge) from a huge list from most major manufacturers as well as standard "army" rounds, and it will have the corresponding ballistic coefficient for that particular round (as well as variable BC for many, because BC changes at different velocities). This is in addition to the "mildot master" type calculations available, data recording for ranges, and other little toys. I havent tried out iSnipe yet, simply because they do not allow for environmental variables to be entered and become part of the equation. Now I do not have first hand experience with KAC's offering, so I will stay in my lane, but I think that the average shooter would be better served with Ballistics. If someone is willing to shell out the 10$ or so for KAC's branded offering, please do provide a review.

What Iphone case is that ?

I wonder how long it would last there in a small battle  :p

Too bad the iPhone isnt made for the jolting that the weapon will put it through. While the unit is great if your going for a run, i doubt it was made for this kind of abuse.

Looks interesting. The case looks pretty rugged, but mounting the thing on a weapon has to be a gimmick. I'm not a sniper or anything (as a support trade, I'm lucky to get the opportunity to shoot once a year), but I suspect once the calculations are plugged in you can just set the sights and just set the thing aside and carry on...besides, imagine getting a call...either you blow your noise discipline, or setting the thing to vibrate will throw your shot off.  ;D

It looks like a neat tool for the range, but probably impractical for operational conditions. (one more thing to carry, over-reliance on tech, inability to change batteries, etc).  Loading this on an iPod Touch would be an option (no phone issues), but only someone with a sniper qual would truly understand its value.

:dontpanic:

Back