• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Broken service and CD

Container

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello all,

I was going through my MPRR the other day and since getting back into the reserves my CD time has been reset. My old service is on my MPRR- all the varying classes and dates.

I looked into the award and it says service doesn't have to be continuous- so is that an error?

I'm not in this for the decoration but it stood out to me. Anyone have similar happen?

Service does not have to be continuous. Your orderly room should be able to easily sort this out.

Ack. They just are very busy. I didn't want to go there without being reasonably sure there was an error. I'll wait a bit anyways- it's a busy time of the admin year.

I've got a few years to go.

Most definitely.  mine is 30 years.  Made up of 10 years Reg (1980 to 1989), 2 days RCAF Class A in 91-92, 20 years mix of Army Class A and B/A from 1994.

Your service not only doesn't have to be consecutive but it also doesn't have to be with the CAF. My time with the Brits was counted towards my CD.

Your clerk will have to send away to Ottawa and request a recalculation of your CD time. Takes a few weeks and then appears on your MPRR.

The broken service should be included.  Mine is 34 years.  Six reserve followed by technically 9 days as a 100% civie and then 28 years reg time.  Of course, not all of the reserve time counts towards pension but the amount of pension time is unique to everyone dependent upon what type of service time they had in the reserves.

Container said:
Ack. They just are very busy. I didn't want to go there without being reasonably sure there was an error. I'll wait a bit anyways- it's a busy time of the admin year.

I've got a few years to go.

Get started now.

It'll take that few years to get it straightened out. It'll have to be updated all the way to the top. Your unit may be on the ball, but if Ottawa doesn't have your right date, they'll deny it and the whole smozzle starts all over again.

Then, it'll take maybe that long again to get it, once everyone has the same date and says you're entitled. So, if you're entitled in three, you may have to wait six years or longer from now.

And no, I'm not being funny. The CD is the worst administered program in the CF. I think the weekend watchman is in charge and issues them when he's not doing rounds.

Back