• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Brock University stamps out ‘prohibited’ Halloween costumes

Jarnhamar said:
Can't we dress up in other cultural regalia as a form of  standing in solidarity  with them?  If not maybe paint my face and pants red and go as a feminist protestor this year.

What is our society coming to lol

How about a coptic christian? I hope the link works

https://www.google.ca/search?q=coptic.christians&client=ms-android-bell-ca&prmd=niv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi7kKne6vbPAhWm0FQKHT7ABpgQ_AUICCgC&biw=412&bih=652#tbm=isch&q=coptic+christians

Damm Coptic's, always trying to one up the Greek Orthodox.

Of course when you really need a serious hard core Orthodox, you need a Russian Airborne Priest

parachuting-priests.jpg

Eaglelord17 said:
If it was me going I would dress up as a SJW and make a satire of the whole thing, though from the way these people are, I would likely get booted.
You'd put on a fat suit and dye your hair a ridiculous colour?  That's hardcore, man  [:p

Hamish Seggie said:
Henceforth I will hereby ban all of you that are not Celtic in heritage from wearing kilts, drinking Irish or Scotch whisky, pretending your Irish on St. Patrick's day or Scottish at any time of year.
Nanny nanny boo boo!!  :p
Ok safe here with a last name of Davidson.

cavalryman said:
You'd put on a fat suit and dye your hair a ridiculous colour?  That's hardcore, man  [:p

Well a fat suit and a wig. Thinking on it, it would be fairly close to a regular clown costume, and the fat suit has the added bonus of having a place to hide some liquor.

AbdullahD said:
Man that is pathetic.

I have a Jubba (arab ankle length robe), I have an Imama (Muslim style of turban), I have leather socks and Surma...

If I was close to this university, I would wear it and then see which version of political correctness wins out...

I do think 'some' protective policies are 'ok'. But this is ludicrous.

:bravo:

Hamish Seggie said:
Henceforth I will hereby ban all of you that are not Celtic in heritage from wearing kilts, drinking Irish or Scotch whisky, pretending your Irish on St. Patrick's day or Scottish at any time of year.
Nanny nanny boo boo!!  :p

Not to use you as an example but how do SJWs determine cultural appropriation?  I did the Ancestory DNA test, I am 44% Scottish, 15% Irish, 21% First Nations, 16% Continental European, 2% African (that was a huge shocker).  If they base it off ancestory, I am good to wear a buckskin kilt with an afro while carrying a shillelagh and believing my culture is the centre of the universe.  OR if they base it off appearance then they are guilty of the crimes they accuse others off. 

cavalryman said:

As a man of larger girth, I am offended by this statement.  How dare you mock big people.  I'll have you know that our girth is the result of years of hard activity. You can't just "get bigger."  It takes time and that extra padding has to be earned!

Pusser said:
As a man of larger girth, I am offended by this statement.  How dare you mock big people.  I'll have you know that our girth is the result of years of hard activity. You can't just "get bigger."  It takes time and that extra padding has to be earned!

It is offensive how these 'people' insult our dedication to the cause, do they really think those doughnuts eat themselves? That those cakes magically disappear?

We sacrifice our time, money and bodies to this cause, so no food may be wasted and this is how they treat us! Despicable, we should deport them and go to our safe places the cafes, eateries and restaurants.

Lightguns said:
  I did the Ancestory DNA test, I am 44% Scottish, 15% Irish, 21% First Nations, 16% Continental European, 2% African (that was a huge shocker).

Don't be too shocked, we all came from Africa  ;)

Out of curiosity which company did you use for the DNA test?

Pusser said:
As a man of larger girth, I am offended by this statement.  How dare you mock big people.  I'll have you know that our girth is the result of years of hard inactivity. You can't just "get bigger."  It takes time and that extra padding has to be earned!

FTFY

Lightguns said:
... If they base it off ancestory, I am good to wear a buckskin kilt with an afro while carrying a shillelagh and believing my culture is the centre of the universe ...
But how do you wear 44% of a kilt?

I'm all for SJW's having a "safe space", so long as the lock is on the outside of the door...

How to have a safe trigger free Halloween.  Gotta say these women have the SJW lingo down pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=kLGOuQXshRs

You might look in the mirror and see a sexy police officer however unsuspecting trick or treaters see a white cis gendered bigot who is enforcing a patriarchal system of oppression and racism.

dapaterson said:

No need to fix that statement.  "Girth" and activity are not necessarily connected.  There are plenty of active "fat but fit" folks out there, as are there plenty of skinny couch potatoes who get out of breath waiting in the drive-through at Timmy's.  Although appearance can be an indicator of fitness (and admittedly often is), it is not universally definitive. 

I'm 51 and have never been inactive.  I weight train and on the days that I'm not playing rugby or hockey, I often cycle at least 25 km, yet my girth ...

Prohibition is going to far...how are you going to know who the assholes are if you prevent them from wearing insulting costumes?! T

There are so many good costumes out there that are hilarious, like my friends, one went out as a dill pickle the other went out as a female deer doe so together they were a DILDO! ^_^

You can still be inappropriate and funny without insulting people. :p I like the funny and clever costumes best.

Back