• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

British Military Current Events

I assume we’ll see one of these in the next Bond movie :)

Special Boat Service commandos test £1m 'unsinkable' terror attack buster​

The high-speed, £1million Stormblade, which can carry six commandos, proved unsinkable in trials with its self-righting hull. The SBS needs a boat for counter-terror ops around the UK

The high-speed, £1million Stormblade, which can carry six commandos, proved unsinkable in trials with its self-righting hull.

The high-speed, £1million Stormblade, which can carry six commandos, proved unsinkable in trials with its self-righting hull

Special Boat Service commandos are testing a new armoured craft capable of 50 knots.

The high-speed, £1million Stormblade, which can carry six commandos, proved unsinkable in trials with its self-righting hull.

The SBS needs a boat for counter-terror ops around the UK as fears grow of suicide attacks and hijack attempts on ships in our waters.
The SBS must also be able to support operations behind enemy lines, sabotage missions, rescue hostages and intercept hostile targets.

The is designed to be airlifted into action by Chinook helicopter or parachuted from a C-130 Hercules.
Nicknamed the Interceptor, it has radar, electronics to destroy remote-controlled bombs, a night-vision system and its crew can speak to supporting aircraft and warships.

Special Boat Service commandos test £1m 'unsinkable' terror attack buster

Last edited:
I assume we’ll see one of these in the next Bond movie :)

Special Boat Service commandos test £1m 'unsinkable' terror attack buster​

The high-speed, £1million Stormblade, which can carry six commandos, proved unsinkable in trials with its self-righting hull. The SBS needs a boat for counter-terror ops around the UK
I wonder - what other watercraft was supposed to be "unsinkable"... :unsure:

1656243974661.png

Stand to!

Hands off cocks, on with socks....

British army to mobilize to 'prevent war' in Europe, army chief says​

'We're not at war, but we must act rapidly so that we aren't drawn into one," Gen. Patrick Sanders says​

The British army will mobilize “to meet the new threat we face” after Russia used force to seize territory from Ukraine and “to prevent war” in Europe, the army chief said on Tuesday.

Speaking at the Royal United Services Institute (RUSI), British Chief of General Staff Gen. Patrick Sanders said the country’s armed forces must be prepared to prevent the spread of the land war in Europe.

Sanders said the scale of the war in Ukraine is “unprecedented,” claiming that the Russian army has had 33,000 dead, wounded, missing or captured and the casualty rate for Ukrainian defenders is 200 per day.

The general also pointed out that due to Russia’s “deliberate targeting”, 4,700 civilians were killed and 8 million refugees are on the move.

“The visceral nature of a European land war isn't just some manifestation of distant storm clouds on the horizon. We can see it now,” Sanders added.

He said: “In all my years in uniform, I haven’t known such a clear threat to the principles of sovereignty and democracy and the freedom to live without fear of violence as the brutal aggression of President (Vladimir) Putin and his expansionist ambitions.

“I believe we're living through a period of history as profound as the one our forebears did 80 years ago. And now as then, our choices will have a disproportionate effect on the future.”

Sanders likened the current situation to the time before the Second World War.

“This is our 1937 moment. We're not at war, but we must act rapidly so that we aren't drawn into one through a failure to contain territorial expansion.”

In his first keynote speech since he took over as the army chief, Sanders said that he will “do everything in my power to ensure that the British Army plays its part in averting war.”

He said: “So from now the army will have a singular focus to mobilise to meet today's threat, and thereby prevent war in Europe.

“This is not the rush to war … it is instead an acceleration of the most important parts of future soldiers, bold modernization agenda, a move to a positional strategy, an increased focus on readiness and combined arms training at a broader institutional renewal that creates the culture required to win if called upon this process.

“We'll give it a name Operation mobilise (that) will be the Army's primary focus over the coming years.”

Sanders said the mobilization will be realized under four main titles, which are boosting readiness, accelerating modernization, rethink the war tactics and review of structure of the army.

Makes one wonder if there is fine tuning going on with the Integrated Defence Review and Defence in a Competitive Age to reframe Future Soldier? Ajax remains troubling.

:unsure:

Stand to!

Hands off cocks, on with socks....

British army to mobilize to 'prevent war' in Europe, army chief says​

'We're not at war, but we must act rapidly so that we aren't drawn into one," Gen. Patrick Sanders says​

The British army will mobilize “to meet the new threat we face” after Russia used force to seize territory from Ukraine and “to prevent war” in Europe, the army chief said on Tuesday.

Speaking at the Royal United Services Institute (RUSI), British Chief of General Staff Gen. Patrick Sanders said the country’s armed forces must be prepared to prevent the spread of the land war in Europe.

Sanders said the scale of the war in Ukraine is “unprecedented,” claiming that the Russian army has had 33,000 dead, wounded, missing or captured and the casualty rate for Ukrainian defenders is 200 per day.

The general also pointed out that due to Russia’s “deliberate targeting”, 4,700 civilians were killed and 8 million refugees are on the move.

“The visceral nature of a European land war isn't just some manifestation of distant storm clouds on the horizon. We can see it now,” Sanders added.

He said: “In all my years in uniform, I haven’t known such a clear threat to the principles of sovereignty and democracy and the freedom to live without fear of violence as the brutal aggression of President (Vladimir) Putin and his expansionist ambitions.

“I believe we're living through a period of history as profound as the one our forebears did 80 years ago. And now as then, our choices will have a disproportionate effect on the future.”

Sanders likened the current situation to the time before the Second World War.

“This is our 1937 moment. We're not at war, but we must act rapidly so that we aren't drawn into one through a failure to contain territorial expansion.”

In his first keynote speech since he took over as the army chief, Sanders said that he will “do everything in my power to ensure that the British Army plays its part in averting war.”

He said: “So from now the army will have a singular focus to mobilise to meet today's threat, and thereby prevent war in Europe.

“This is not the rush to war … it is instead an acceleration of the most important parts of future soldiers, bold modernization agenda, a move to a positional strategy, an increased focus on readiness and combined arms training at a broader institutional renewal that creates the culture required to win if called upon this process.

“We'll give it a name Operation mobilise (that) will be the Army's primary focus over the coming years.”

Sanders said the mobilization will be realized under four main titles, which are boosting readiness, accelerating modernization, rethink the war tactics and review of structure of the army.

''These are extraordinary times. So I will not take the usual approach of a new CGS to this event. It will not be the traditional tour of the horizon covering the full breadth of Army business. I will concentrate on one area alone - how I intend to mobilise the British Army – our Regulars, Reservists and Civilians - to deter Russian aggression. To prevent war.

We are already a busy Army. But today is about mobilisation, and to mobilise effectively we will need to suppress our additive culture and guard against the ‘tyranny of and’ – we can’t do everything well and some things are going to have to stop; it will mean ruthless prioritisation.

From now the Army will have a singular focus – to mobilise to meet today’s threat and thereby prevent war in Europe.''

-CGS

The CAF need some of that.

This came out today:

From that same article: “[CAF] will experience higher than normal attrition and lower than normal recruiting unless appropriate professional culture [...] modifications are implemented.''
Yet, whenever I eavesdrop, ask around, or read surveys or forums, there isn't the slightest mention of that GOFO-centric problem. If anything, the lower echelons have had it with the political BS. Pushing further on that is only going to push more people out.

The CAF needs a lot of that

This directive is not necessarily a bad thing. The devil will be in the details.

🍻
So less ships and/or less effective ones. Got it.

It says something about procurement programs. Lol in all reality what programs are there? Oh there's a list but what is really getting procured? AOPS, the first 3 CSC. Maybe. Fighters but nothing signed. The SAR planes which is not going well. Cyclones? Most everything else is a upgrade or a like replacement. LAVS is billed as an upgrade, the Aurora is an upgrade, the Cormorant is an upgrade, the Griffin is an upgrade. In vehicles not much, TAPV is done, trucks? Tanks? Not much there.

I guess one of the capability they could divest is the Carl G. (Just kind of gave those away)

Chief of General Staff's speech to RUSI on mobilizing the Army to prevent war.

I believe we are living through a period in history as profound as the one that our forebears did over 80 years ago. Now, as then, our choices will have a disproportionate effect on our future.

This is our 1937 moment. We are not at war - but we must act rapidly so that we aren’t drawn into one through a failure to contain territorial expansion. So surely it is beholden on each of us to ensure that we never find ourselves asking that futile question – should we have done more? I will do everything in my power to ensure that the British Army plays its part in averting war; I will have an answer to my grandchildren should they ever ask what I did in 2022.

From now the Army will have a singular focus – to mobilise to meet today’s threat and thereby prevent war in Europe.

This is not the rush to war at the speed of the railway time tables of 1914. It is instead an acceleration of the most important parts of Future Soldier’s bold modernisation agenda, a move to a positional strategy, an increased focus on readiness and combined arms training and a broader institutional renewal that creates the culture required to win if called upon. This process, given a name Operation MOBILISE, will be the Army’s primary focus over the coming years.

The upcoming Madrid Summit is a timely opportunity to demonstrate our leadership in NATO and our enduring commitment to our allies. Mobilising the Army to prevent war is as tangible and concrete an act of leadership as I can offer - the UK will lead by example.

When faced with an adversary such as Mr Putin, with the campaigns of Peter the Great as his reference point, the war in Ukraine also reminds us of the utility of Land Power: it takes an army to hold and regain territory and defend the people who live there. It takes an Army to deter. And this army, the British Army, will play its part alongside our allies.

In Ukraine we’ve seen the limitations of deterrence by punishment. It has reinforced the importance of deterrence through denial - we must stop Russia seizing territory - rather than expecting to respond to a land grab with a delayed counteroffensive.

To succeed, the British Army, in conjunction with our NATO allies and partners, must be in-place or at especially high readiness - ideally a mix of both. Tripwires aren’t enough.

🍻

Last edited:
Chief of General Staff's speech to RUSI on mobilizing the Army to prevent war.

🍻

And all of this should be measured against Britain's, and specifically Boris Johnson's, rush to find a new place in the world order since Brexit.

It will be interesting to see if they can afford it. Mobilization is a cash commitment of the highest order.

And all of this should be measured against Britain's, and specifically Boris Johnson's, rush to find a new place in the world order since Brexit.

It will be interesting to see if they can afford it. Mobilization is a cash commitment of the highest order.

On Monday, it emerged that No 10 had been warning it would most likely ditch the 0.5%-plus-inflation target, with the inflation rate above 9% and expected to rise.

Tremendously difficult times to be attempting to increase govt spending. Cost of materials are skyrocketing, supply chains are battered, job market is tight as ever, borrowing rates are going up and deficits are already weighing heavy after the shockwave that was COVID. In short, financial, human, and material resources are all depleted.

On Monday, it emerged that No 10 had been warning it would most likely ditch the 0.5%-plus-inflation target, with the inflation rate above 9% and expected to rise.

Tremendously difficult times to be attempting to increase govt spending. Cost of materials are skyrocketing, supply chains are battered, job market is tight as ever, borrowing rates are going up and deficits are already weighing heavy after the shockwave that was COVID. In short, financial, human, and material resources are all depleted.
Still cheaper to deter a war with military spending than to fight one.

Zelenskiy says Ukraine needs $7 billion per month to make up for the economic losses resulting from the Russian invasion ($84 billion per year).

If the Queen Elizabeth task force does one less sail to the Pacific, they can probably use the fuel savings alone to deploy a division to Poland and sustain it there for a year.

Priorities!

😉

Brits and Germans training at Altmark - fantastic urban battlefield.

Brits using Warriors and Germans using Boxers and Wiesels.

Germans finding Brit tactics unusual.

Brits and Germans training at Altmark - fantastic urban battlefield.

Brits using Warriors and Germans using Boxers and Wiesels.

Germans finding Brit tactics unusual.

It isn't hard to tell they're hating each other... I can just imagine ;)

nat geo fighting GIF by Nat Geo Wild

The Wiesel's a big hit though:

The Wiesel impressed soldiers from X Company, First Battalion the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers, while they trained with Germany’s 91st Infantry Battalion at Altmark in Eastern Germany.

Corporal Tom Bewlay, First Fusiliers Reconnaissance Platoon said: "The Wiesels, I don't think I've ever seen anything like that, in all the countries I've worked with.

"It's rapid, cuts across the area, pops into a roadblock, pops out somewhere else and then just takes a shot at you and you're dead.
"It's wild."

Last edited:
Back