• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bring Back the army Forage / Peak Caps ... ?

Should the army bring back the peak cap for wear with our DEU's?

• Yes'sir . . . makes the troops look sharp & professional

Votes: 71 45.2%
  • No flerking way . . . only green berets touch my skull

Votes: 86 54.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wouldn't matter. They waould be subdued. Remember the old Combat Wings, for the smock. A Blk/green ranger tab, a pair of blk wings with a blk/green leaf. Etc. I hope it goes through. We brought this up for years.

yup, as recce stated,
the Ranger tab we passed around was on a small `tab`that we would sandwich between the Cdn flag velcro... just hangs down from there.

The rules & regs surrounding what & when that medium of display would be used still to come... but at least we`re moving fwd...
There is agreement at the NDHQ level that this is desireable route to follow.

I do not think we should be wearing qualification badges on our cadpat. Our DEU are there for us to look sharp and show our accomplishments. OUT.

As the Thread is about bringing back the army Forage / Peak Caps and not BS Badges on the Cadpat, perhaps we should put all them badges on the Peak Caps and give those with a desire to wear them the opportunity to show off all their extra qualifications.    ;D

I guess this thread has reached its' end.

ArmyRick said:
I do not think we should be wearing qualification badges on our cadpat. Our DEU are there for us to look sharp and show our accomplishments. OUT.

We are the only Army that I know that does not these days.

I hope they follow through and make the change.

AIRBORNE CHIMO UBIQUE  :cdn:

Man.

How I hated the forage cap.

Bus drivers, parking meter maids, and others had similar caps, they all looked like crap.

May it rest, forever, in peace.

BTW, when Armour was told, back in the 70's, that we would never wear them again, I burnt mine.

Lance Wiebe said:
Man.

BTW, when Armour was told, back in the 70's, that we would never wear them again, I burnt mine.

Aren't you some glad then that you didn't go Arty!!  ;D
Nothing against Arty Guys but man them hats look .....  :-\

I think that was covered a few pages back. So I guess this has come full circle, after nine torturous pages ;) If someone has a truly valid argument to put forward, let the Mods know and we'll reopen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back