• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Brad/Chelsea Manning: Charged w/AFG file leak, Cdn angles, disposition (merged)

Inquisitor said:
Well now that that's done with I found a couple of articles you might find interesting.
Nope, not one bloody bit.

Tow Tripod said:
Something tells me Chelsea Manning may have a "hard" time in jail....... Just saying.

It's beginning to sound like this is far from over.

His Lawyer is becoming a crusader, fighting for a WH pardon, and fight to allow Mr. Manning to undergo hormone therapy and gender reassignment surgery while in confinement.

I wonder if Pte. Manning can see the irony in his last name?

Tow Tripod said:
Something tells me Chelsea Manning may have a "hard" time in jail....... Just saying.

Guess what???? I lied >:D

Chelsea is all of about 5" tall. Maybe 100 lbs or so soaking wet. Endured hazing almost from the moment she enlisted.  She is being punished for her actions.

Never pass a fault. Perhaps something good will come of this, since never again, do I intend to put up with you and your like.

I don't know what surprises me more that you would post a statement like that, or that no one else would call you on it.

If this is still whistling over your head, Most people do not find sexual assault jokes comments funny.

She may be a criminal but what sort of person are you?

Inquisitor said:
Guess what???? I lied >:D

Chelsea is all of about 5" tall. Maybe 100 lbs or so soaking wet. Endured hazing almost from the moment she enlisted.  She is being punished for her actions.

Never pass a fault. Perhaps something good will come of this, since never again, do I intend to put up with you and your like.

I don't know what surprises me more that you would post a statement like that, or that no one else would call you on it.

If this is still whistling over your head, Most people do not find sexual assault jokes comments funny.

She may be a criminal but what sort of person are you?

What the hell are you on about this time?

Inquisitor said:
Comment - Good news!!! I plan to exit the thread after this.

Apparently it's true....no plan survives the first contact.

recceguy said:
What the hell are you on about this time?

With all due respect, please take a look another look at my repose to tow bipods comment. Thank you

Inquisitor said:
With all due respect, please take a look another look at my repose to tow bipods comment. Thank you

With all due respect; you said you were leaving.  Apparently your sensibilities are offended by others very easily; yet you feel that your comments are not as offensive.  NEWS FLASH:  You lied to us.

George Wallace said:
With all due respect; you said you were leaving.  Apparently your sensibilities are offended by others very easily; yet you feel that your comments are not as offensive.  NEWS FLASH:  You lied to us.

Where I may have erred is in forgetting that this is a public forum, and people have the privilege of commenting so long as they adhere to the guidelines. Even the remark is questionable, as are many of mine.

In other circumstances if that comment had been made say in a Defense Establishment or a bar, Tow Tripod would not have heard the last of this.

George Right now I'm not mad, I'm livid.  Exposure to a couple of cases where the CF/CIC/COATS systems did not identify/deal with cases of physical and sexual assault have left me extremely intolerant of remarks like "Gee I hope nothing bad happens to her" 

Certain comments are just not right, and need to be challenged the sooner the better.

Inquisitor said:
Where I may have erred is in forgetting that this is a public forum, and people have the privilege of commenting so long as they adhere to the guidelines. Even the remark is questionable, as are many of mine.

In other circumstances if that comment had been made say in a Defense Establishment or a bar, Tow Tripod would not have heard the last of this.

George Right now I'm not mad, I'm livid.  Exposure to a couple of cases where the CF/CIC/COATS systems did not identify/deal with cases of physical and sexual assault have left me extremely intolerant of remarks like "Gee I hope nothing bad happens to her" 

Certain comments are just not right, and need to be challenged the sooner the better.

Either you have very thin skin and are offended easily or you have an agenda here.  Either way, you LIED to us, and now you are pressing it even more.  One other thing, Tow Tripod did not say "Gee I hope nothing bad happens to her", so don't be putting words in his mouth, or at the very least get the quote correct.  What he said was:

Tow Tripod said:

If you want to read sexist or discriminatory thought there, that is your own doing.  Anyone who goes to jail is likely to face a hard time.  NOW move along and try to keep your word.

Inquisitor said:
Chelsea is all of about 5" tall.

Five inches tall?

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all

Go ask Alice
When she's ten feet tall
And if you go chasing rabbits
And you know you're going to fall

Tell 'em a hookah smoking caterpillar
Has given you the call
Call Alice
When she was just small

When the men on the chessboard
Get up and tell you where to go
And you've just had some kind of mushroom
And your mind is moving low

Go ask Alice
I think she'll know
When logic and proportion
Have fallen sloppy dead

And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head
Remember what the dormouse said
"Feed your head, feed your head"

Army Pvt. Chelsea Manning is seeking a presidential pardon for leaking reams of classified information that her lawyer says did not merit protection.

The Pvt. Manning Support Network released documents today that defense attorney David Coombs filed a day earlier with the U.S. Justice Department and the Department of the Army.

Manning, previously known as Bradley Manning, has declared her desire to live as a woman while serving a 35-year prison sentence at Fort Leavenworth, Kan.

In her petition for pardon and commutation of sentence, Manning wrote: “The decisions I made in 2010 were made out of a concern for my country and the world that we live in.” ....
Army Times, 4 Sept 13

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/obama-commutes-chelsea-manning-s-prison-sentence-1.3939966

U.S. President Barack Obama is commuting the prison sentence of Chelsea Manning, the former army intelligence analyst who leaked classified documents.

The White House says Manning is one of 209 inmates whose sentences Obama is shortening.

Manning is more than six years into a 35-year sentence for leaking classified government and military documents to the website WikiLeaks. Her sentence is now set to expire May 17.

So the Democrats, through their leader, are commuting the prison sentence of Chelsea Manning, who leaked classified documents to Wikileaks at the same time as going ballistic over the leaking of Hillary's and the DNC emails to Wikileaks.

I guess it depends on who the leaks damaged: the security of the US or the Democrats.

Yeah, I think the Dem's have really dug themselves a hole. The party is in shatters now, this don't help their cause at all.

One thing about the US is they love and respect their military, and despise traitors.

Manning is seen, by the vast majority, as a traitor.

The commutation of Mannings sentence was a pre-condition of Assange turning himself in to US authorities.

tomahawk6 said:
The commutation of Mannings sentence was a pre-condition of Assange turning himself in to US authorities.

Yes, but that is still very much a long shot. I know Assange said he would turn himself in. But I have trouble trusting him to follow through.

Assange doesnt want to be a virtual prisoner in some embassy,he wants to be able to travel.
Obama pardoned USMC GEN Cartwight today,so it wasnt all bad.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/17/us/politics/obama-pardons-james-cartwright-general-who-lied-to-fbi-in-leak-case.html?_r=0

WASHINGTON — President Obama on Tuesday pardoned James E. Cartwright, a retired Marine Corps general and former vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff who pleaded guilty to lying to the F.B.I. about his discussions with reporters about Iran’s nuclear program, saving him from a possible prison sentence.

General Cartwright, who was a key member of Mr. Obama’s national security team in his first term and earned a reputation as the president’s favorite general, pleaded guilty late last year to misleading investigators looking into the leaking of classified information about cyberattacks against Iran.

tomahawk6 said:
Assange doesnt want to be a virtual prisoner in some embassy,he wants to be able to travel.
Obama pardoned USMC GEN Cartwight today,so it wasnt all bad.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/17/us/politics/obama-pardons-james-cartwright-general-who-lied-to-fbi-in-leak-case.html?_r=0

WASHINGTON — President Obama on Tuesday pardoned James E. Cartwright, a retired Marine Corps general and former vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff who pleaded guilty to lying to the F.B.I. about his discussions with reporters about Iran’s nuclear program, saving him from a possible prison sentence.

General Cartwright, who was a key member of Mr. Obama’s national security team in his first term and earned a reputation as the president’s favorite general, pleaded guilty late last year to misleading investigators looking into the leaking of classified information about cyberattacks against Iran.

True, I can respect Cartwright and his motives.

Manning though I have no respect for, the actions Manning took quite possibly caused servicemen to die, or at the very least put many at extra risk of death. It wasn't that long ago when the treason Manning committed would of resulted in capitol punishment. Still Manning is a small fish in the whole scandal.

I still feel, Manning went through the sex change transition is more as a smart move to get the support of certain groups. More people to fight for his/her release. It's funny how it all came up after the fact and a little suspicious. But whatever Manning identifies has, should have zero bearing on what was done.

tomahawk6 said:

Yeah, like *that* is gonna happen...

I'll believe it when I see it

Can Trump overturn Obama's decisions once he takes the oath on Friday?  Manning's not set for release until May...

Back