• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Boulet Cdn Desert Boots - Rpts and Rtns? What do you think of this product?

Definitely. I thought I had some pictures already taken but apparently I dont! I will take some when I get a moment.

A lot of guys like the Meindls as well, bit of a hard sole but perfect for out in the GFs.

Well I rely don't like these boots (but I'm going to keep wearing them cause it beats polishing boots  ;D). 

pros
don't require polish

Cons
WORM, after wearing them in for a few weeks before the start of leave, all I can say is they are as worm as the GP boots.
Heavy
Lining bunches up around the heel
No ankle support

Just my 2 cents

Spring_bok said:
Buy any boots yet?

I'm looking at picking up a set of Oakley SI's, but I'm waiting on there sales rep to get back to me on were they are made.

Oakleys are good boots but have a real soft sole so good for Urban stuff but probably not the best boot if you're going to be out in the GFs and wadis. To go along with that if your an engineer your probably going to be carrying some pretty heavy stuff, not a lot of ankle support in the O's either. As I mentioned earlier, quite a few of the guys wear Meindls(Desert Fox I think) which are really good, hiking boots (Hanwags) and the Lowa boots (2 different desert models I believe). Not a salesman,lol, and guys obviously have preferences, those just seemed to be the boots of choice with the guys I saw.

Anyhow you know more about what you'll be doing over there than I or maybe you had those boots last time over there, I'm just throwing out my 2 cents.

Heres my Return of the product.

I cannnot wear these boots peroid.I asked a few of my troops as well who have gone out and bought boots at the PX instead.
The common problem being the plastic inside rubbing the outside of the ankle enough to leave large scab's at the end of a work day.With blood showing through the combat sock (ARID).They are heavy,and I found them way to warm.
Prior to leaving for deployment a General (I really don't know who he was honestly...and didnt care at the time)asked us to raise our hands for the troops wearing them.Only one guy raised his hand out of 200.

I wore my old desert boots over and switched to Converse once in country.80ish dollars and they are like wearing shoes,plus gives me the ankle support I needed in that terrain.

Boulet desert boot's are rarely seen on troops outside the wire,they seem to be worn around a lot in KAF.

Boulet desert boot's are rarely seen on troops outside the wire,they seem to be worn around a lot in KAF.

Chances are that they are not worn by choice - rather because the wearers are too close to the brass... also, in KAF, it's doesn't really matter what kind of boot you wear - most anything will do.

How about Rocky S2v Tacticals? I know they come in both tan and black, and I've heard good things about them from guys in my unit... anyone here used them on deployment?

my review.

"ouch....ouch.....hot....ouch...@#$% this!  I'm getting good boots."
AB

Meindl desert safari and Original Swat, 1 each...  That's my review

Issued boots where murder on my feet.  Both the old version and the 'newer' version.  I find the Converse to be the best for me.  Best price I found was in KAF.

I never even brought the Boulet boots with me; I wore one pair in Edmonton and they were fine for the first few days but after a while, it seems they stretched and felt really "roomy," especially around the ankle and heal. Plus they felt too thick. I stuck with an a pair of US Bellevilles and a pair of Miendls.

Back