• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Boulet Cdn Desert Boots - Rpts and Rtns? What do you think of this product?

1feral1

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
Greetings to all happy members.

I was wondering about the new CF Boulet desert boots.

Is this a good product or are they crap?

Weight? Too heavy?

How to they fit?

What do they wear like?

Overall rating out of 10 would be appreciated.

Regards,

OWDU

Mixed review on these boots that I have heard.  I know ppl right now say they are excellent boots.  They keep there feet cool and they find them very comfortable.  Other ppl I have seen them tear up there feet and ankles.

Myself, I never had a chance to wear then.  I have "chicken legs" and the smallest width is still not small enough.  So I was able to get down town boots.  But if they are anything like the Mark 4's, witch some ppl have compaired them too then I say they are good to go.  I swear by my Mark 4's myself.

Rob :cdn:

Thanks for your input Rob.

Looking forward to to other opinions too.

Regards,

OWDU

From guys in my troop that have worn them on tour....garbage.

The lining rips up after a few weeks and has to be torn out to keep the feet from blistering.

I have not worn them, as I still have 2 pairs of the old desert boots that are worn...but serviceable shape.

I have been extremely reluctant to get them and will more than likely purchase a pair from another manufacturer in KAF.

Regards

RBD... even if your associates have found problems with them... any reason why you wouldn't give em a shot anyway ?

Feet are like people.... everyone is different.  You might find that they are the cat's a$$..... OR you may find em to be on par with Furballs....

(Just a wee observation from someone stuck on the sidelines while my knee gets better)

geo said:
RBD... even if your associates have found problems with them... any reason why you wouldn't give em a shot anyway ?

After my experiences with the WWB on marches and the VERY similar design in both the boot and sole itself...no thanks.

Call it a preventive measure on my own part.

Regards

Not a problem my friend....
I have my own issues with the WWB - some people swar by them, I swear at em

I've had 6 guys in the last two weeks come here and show me their torn up ankles from these boots.

I've found that a combination of a really heavy sole and minimal ankle support makes them feel like clown shoes. Having not had to really hump anywhere in them ( I wear Amazon 4's) I have found, from the few times i have worn them, that they are comfortable, but they don't really... hold your foot in to the hell I guess is the best way I can describe it.. which is what I've found usually leads to chaffing and blisters.

I had a pair of those Frankenstein boots for all of 1 ruck march (pre-deployment).  The heal ripped away from the sole... but not before they ripped the heal away from my feet. They were brand new out of the box... which was part of the problem (not broken in), but I doubt the heal should rip away from the boot in one march.
I personally don't like them... I actually traded them in for the old issue boots (Altama, I think).

When I look back at it all, I kinda wish I spent some cash and got some comfortable boots, 'cause both issued types are uncomfortable.

If you want quality foot wear when you're in theater, the brit NAFE (spelling? it's their PX / Canex or whatever) sells some nice boots, I forget the name, but their like a tall tan hiking boot, all the guys that have them love them.

R031button said:
If you want quality foot wear when you're in theater, the brit NAFE (spelling? it's their PX / Canex or whatever) sells some nice boots, I forget the name, but their like a tall tan hiking boot, all the guys that have them love them.
Meindl?, thats what some guys are using, along with a smattering of HiTechs and other branda
s.

Cataract Kid said:
Meindl?, thats what some guys are using, along with a smattering of HiTechs and other branda
s.

Meindls yeah that's the one.

Had to go back to the old style boot. These boulet ones tore the hell out out of my heels. And that was just in the last 2 weeks in the office. I thought some people were bitching just to get the jammy boots....but I've never had foot issues like I had with these.
UCR filled out and sent

They are not well liked --- not at all. Not around here; we've got masses of the guys coming in begging for their old ones back to prove it; when they're begging for their old ones --- you just know these ones really, no really, suck.

Overwatch Downunder said:
I was wondering about the new CF Boulet desert boots.

Is this a good product or are they crap?
Just to complicate this for you, my understanding is that there was a significant design change to the Boulet desert boot because there were so many complaints.  As a result, soldiers deploying in recent rotations have been issued a newer Boulet boot.  Depending on who you talk to (and when they had the boot issued) you may be talking about different boots (and I don't know enough about the boots to tell you when the switch happened or how to recognize a new boot from a newer boot).

However, both new & newer have been horribly disliked by the soldiers.  Starting next year, there will be a even-newer desert boot that will be issued to deploying soldiers.

MCG; I have had both and walked around and had the exact same problems.
I was orignally issued the older style of Boulet desert boots when they first came into the system four years ago. Utter garabage. I had the newer styles, and they still ripped away at my heels. a bit lighter yes, but if they're causing my heels to bleed, then what good are they? Within walking 5km's I had blisters that were bleeding.
I went into stores, hoping I could get the old style jungle desert boot made by altama but instead I'm getting swats. I wouldn't say no to that.
I know that there's been a good chunk of guys around here that turned in their boots with the exact same results. One guy did a 10k walk, and the blood had actually soaked through the boot.
Clothing stores had pictures of our blisters and what not and fill out a form stating the problems. Sorry, I will not touch that company ever. I will go out and buy my own pair of boots then chance wearing either the combat or desert boot.

I had the old Altama's the last time I was overseas, (worn once on the way, and then after-market boots). I recently handed them in as they were a bit too big, and we were getting kitted out for 5-09.

They sized me for the new boulets, but didn't have my size, so they're on order. I'll give 'em a fair shake, but I have a feeling I'll be going back to my SWATs.

My Boulets were reserved for KAF, and after my SWATS went "missing" I've been wearing Boulets.

I find they give me lower back pain and are uncomfortable in the arch and the heel.

My SWATS on the other hand were like slippers and they held up quite well. Being wet for hours on end and all the walking over different terrain, I was suprised at how well the stiching held up.

I would of course like to see a different sole, the rocks were a bit of a problem because the sole was fairly flexable and soft.

I had never worn anything other than issue boots, until now and I will be getting a set of black SWATS when I get back to Canada.

Cataract Kid said:
I would of course like to see a different sole, the rocks were a bit of a problem because the sole was fairly flexable and soft.

I found pretty much the same thing with the soles of the converse desert boots I wore there last time. I've loved my black swats here, so I'm willing to spend the cash on extra boots.

Back